Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Template

Edited 1551503065
So I'm trying to get the buttons to appear in the template instead of outside it, been up for far too long and trying to throw this together before my game in the morning and it's not going well... any help would be greatly appreciated. &{template:desc} {{desc=Spells}} [Eldritch Blast](~Manshune|Eldritch-Blast) [Toll Of The Dead](!
#TollOfTheDead) [Hunger of Hadar](~Manshune|Hunger-of-Hadar) Each button is on it's own line in the template in Abilities because when they're not the buttons don't appear only the "Spells" banner.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm not familiar with that roll template, but I can see your buttons arent in a curly bracket block, that looks like this  {{title= buttons }} My guess is that template should look something like &{template:desc} {{desc=Spells}} {{some title=[Eldritch Blast](~Manshune|Eldritch-Blast) [Toll Of The Dead](!
#TollOfTheDead) [Hunger of Hadar](~Manshune|Hunger-of-Hadar)}} "some title" should be replaced with something, but you'll need to check the rolltemplate for that. I'm also curious about why one of your buttons uses html entities like  (!
# but the others don't. Could there be an error there, too?
GiGs said: I'm also curious about why one of your buttons uses html entities like  (!
# but the others don't. Could there be an error there, too? Each button works separately, so no error there that I'm aware of, and the html entities are because Toll of the dead is a macro not an ability.
nevermind after a good nights rest i knew what I was doing wrong...
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
What were you doing wrong?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Vamphuntor said: nevermind after a good nights rest i knew what I was doing wrong... It's nice to share what you figured out was the problem, so if someone with the same issue stumbles upon this thread, they also find the solution.

Edited 1551538200
sorry coffee and breakfast was calling my name, Since it was a simple description template &{template:desc} {{desc=Spells}} I had to move all the button code inside the brackets for spells so it ended up looking like this. &{template:desc} {{desc=Spells [Eldritch Blast](~Manshune|Eldritch-Blast) [Toll Of The Dead](!
#TollOfTheDead) [Hunger of Hadar](~Manshune|Hunger-of-Hadar) }}
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for the update.