Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Adventure Modules scalable?

Considering incorporating the Rise of the Runelords adventure into my campaign after the current arc is finished. Is the setting easy to merge into a pre-existing plot like that? And is there any built-in or otherwise simple way to have the adventure scale up for a higher level party? I couldn't find any info in the module's marketplace page regarding that. Thanks in advance for any input you can provide.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi Seph - Rise of the Runelords is a Campaign Module, so we recommend adding players into that module, instead of the other way around. All official modules allow the use of the Character Vault, so it should be easy to add them in! As far as scaling, that would take some work on the GM's side. From one GM to another, I believe it could be quite easy to take out some parts completely and find which story beats were the most important to getting the players on track, and specifically increasing the CR of those encounters. 

Edited 1551939034
Trivia said: Hi Seph - Rise of the Runelords is a Campaign Module, so we recommend adding players into that module, instead of the other way around. All official modules allow the use of the Character Vault, so it should be easy to add them in! As far as scaling, that would take some work on the GM's side. From one GM to another, I believe it could be quite easy to take out some parts completely and find which story beats were the most important to getting the players on track, and specifically increasing the CR of those encounters.  Thanks for the response, Trivia! Since I've already built several maps for my campaign, would it be possible to transfer those pages to the RotR Module? Can macros and decks be transferred over? I'm considering maybe cutting the first 3 chapters of RotR, condensing all the most important plot points (or dispersing them into the current arc) and introducing the party into chapter 4 once they reach level 11 or so. Rather than trying to scale the entire Module up that high. That should work alright, you think?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You can transfer various items with the transmogrifier . Content that can be 'Transmogrified': Pages Characters Decks Handouts Rollable tables Jukebox playlist
Thanks Pat! Glad to know, that'll make merging the campaigns super easy
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Seph. I highly recommend reading the Stupid roll20 trick thread also.
Oh this is super helpful, thanks again!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
You're welcomed. Have fun.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I think that sounds great Seph! I hope you have a great time with it and that your party...enjoys the challenge >:) And thank you too Pat for all those awesome resources :D
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Seph said: Oh this is super helpful, thanks again! I think this trick in particular is the one you'd find most useful.