Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

A Little Bit of French Assistance Required!

Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm hoping that someone here with language skills better than my (poorly accented) high school French can lend me some assistance. Someone has very kindly made some additions to the Tales from the Loop character sheet to include an expansion that was released for French speakers. The French was put right into the code of the sheet rather than on the translation tab and I'd like to keep the sheet consistent by having English on the sheet so that other translations can be done more easily. I've contacted the person who made the changes, but have not heard back from them. I just need the translations for 4 words. Here they are with my best guesses:  Combinard (Hustler) Frimeur (Show-off) Inventeur (Inventor) Rôliste (Gamer)
Without context the 3 first look spot on, for the 4th it means "role-player" as in someone who plays tabletop rpg, so depending on the context "gamer" can be a good translation too. Hope that helps.
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
As a french native speaker, I agree with Dacen Vors
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Thank you so much. I really appreciate the help!

Edited 1552221015
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Judging by context suggested the other 3, with no knowledge of French, could it also be simply "Player"?
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
If you mean player as part of personality, I don't think it can. But I don't know the game so maybe... but unlikely
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
There's not a whole lot of context I can give. The game has character "types", which include Bookworm, Jock, Popular Kid, Hick, etc. The type that you choose determines what skills your character is good at. Four new types were released with a french expansion. I haven't seen the expansion myself, so I can only make best guesses. I suspect "Role Player" is probably the best term to use. 
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
I think you're pretty right with this :)