Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dynamic lighting preset on some Tokens

GiGGles
Plus
Translator
I think it would be nice If a player cast a wall of stone that when it is dropped it has the Dynamic lighting built it.  That would go for items as wall of fire, ice and others.
Shane said: I think it would be nice If a player cast a wall of stone that when it is dropped it has the Dynamic lighting built it.  That would go for items as wall of fire, ice and others. So it would be two tokens in one? One token on the dynamic lighting layer, and one token on the token or map layer?
GiGGles
Plus
Translator
nah just items with DL built in (example: looking at the token another spot would say () add DY) just like aura, tint etc.
If I’m remembering correctly some marketplace purchases do this already (eg map tiles), which means it is supported in some fashion, but I’m not clear on the details. 
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Joe said: If I’m remembering correctly some marketplace purchases do this already (eg map tiles), which means it is supported in some fashion, but I’m not clear on the details.  If you are referring to what I think you are, those are add-ons with fully set up map pages. At the moment, outside of the API, there is not a way of tying the dynamic lighting lines to an image on another layer that I am aware of, but even that does not have the dynamic lighting built into the image, you have to associate the DL lines to the image after the fact.
Brian C. said: Joe said: If I’m remembering correctly some marketplace purchases do this already (eg map tiles), which means it is supported in some fashion, but I’m not clear on the details.  If you are referring to what I think you are, those are add-ons with fully set up map pages. At the moment, outside of the API, there is not a way of tying the dynamic lighting lines to an image on another layer that I am aware of, but even that does not have the dynamic lighting built into the image, you have to associate the DL lines to the image after the fact. You are correct, I can find no mention of what I was describing. So this suggestion would be a definite improvement. 
In my opinion there is only one reasonable fix and that is make a token able to block light based on alpha or a box defined by the user (like MapTool has). That is a feature that was suggested some months ago and did not get enough votes.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .