Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

When do you use transparent page backgrounds?

Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As the subject says. Why would/do you use a transparent color for your page background? (Re-posted from the Pro forum.)
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I use it for the default page for when I don't have a preplanned map for the situation. I use it since my players decided they like the light-greyish color.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Is there any reason you wouldn't just use a light grey color instead of transparent?
Tony R.
Pro
Sheet Author
Not really; I'm not super attached to it. If the transparent color is holding back development on other features, I wouldn't mind losing it.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I've used the transparent background a few times but if it needs to go, it is not a game breaker. I tend to keep my back group slightly smaller than any image I use so the page borders help define my image.