Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[NEW RELEASE] Animation Sensations V4: Lighting Effects

Edited 1552422128
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Animated Lighting and Effects!!! Are your PCs taking a Long Rest? Entering a Dungeon... or a Town... Or a Dungeon Town? Maybe they are reading up on their Books in said Dungeon Town? Or perhaps your PC is casting Flaming Sphere from their spell book in an attempt to burn down the Dungeon Town? Either way, Animation Sensations Vol 4: Lighting Effects covered those essentials you will need for some all around ambient awesomeness! Enlighten me on what's in the set, Munky! Torches in 6 variations of color Candles in 6 variations of color Braziers in 6 variations of color A Flickering Lightpost A Variety of Campfires in various sizes Wall of Fire in various sizes Flaming Sphere in 6 varistions of color All Sizes are in the File name for optimal viewing pleasure and standard spell effect sizing that will snap to your grid. All Torches snap to the grid against any wall in the Endless Dungeons Series ! Help me keep the lights on: <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3257/asv4-lighting-effects" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/3257/asv4-lighting-effects</a>
Wow! They are awesome Munky! Great work!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Thanks Ravenknight! Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see in an upcoming set!
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Sold - just what I was looking for.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I would like to see fire pits in square and rectangular shapes, irregular shapes like a horseshoe or a U shape.. Transparent flames to be placed on burning vehicles, buildings, ground fires (for debris), and the like.&nbsp; &nbsp;Magical fire effects using multiple colors in one effect. Colored mists. Smoke trails from chimneys, cooking fire, open fire for burning items, locomotives exhaust (steam as well),&nbsp; and at various densities and colors. The list is endless.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Also need more campfires that are in a circular pit like a prepared site and also variants of just burning coals instead of high reaching flames.

Edited 1552458493
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
I am getting some strange white outlines of each token when I have them on certain background images. These correspond with thetoken's&nbsp; actual image handles. Does not happen on backgrounds with an image background. This is on the map layer.
Looks pretty solid, when I saw it, I immediately thought that this would be fantastic! Things that is missing through: - Torches that smoke but don't burn. - Area lightings that are transparent layers so that the overlap the tokens below them, giving them the image of being shined on. Great work!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hey Mike! Thanks for picking up my new set! Mike W. said: I would like to see fire pits in square and rectangular shapes, irregular shapes like a horseshoe or a U shape.. Transparent flames to be placed on burning vehicles, buildings, ground fires (for debris), and the like.&nbsp; &nbsp;Magical fire effects using multiple colors in one effect. Colored mists. Smoke trails from chimneys, cooking fire, open fire for burning items, locomotives exhaust (steam as well),&nbsp; and at various densities and colors. The list is endless. Also need more campfires that are in a circular pit like a prepared site and also variants of just burning coals instead of high reaching flames I definitely have plans to make more lighting based items, and I have added each of these items to my ever growing list. I'm going to ask a couple of questions based on these suggestions: Square/Rectangular/Horseshoe shapes - Would you like these made with containers or as place-able flames over your containers (or both- both is a vaible answer), and also do you want the flames contained inside of sais space as to not extend outside of the "container" (like a Basin with flames a few feet down) Circular Pit - Do you mean like a dug out hole in a campgrounds? Feel free to keep the requests coming to! I 100% plan to make more sets similar to this one, and I will try my hardest to get as many of the requests included if I can pull it off!
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hey Nico! Nico said: Looks pretty solid, when I saw it, I immediately thought that this would be fantastic! Things that is missing through: - Torches that smoke but don't burn. - Area lightings that are transparent layers so that the overlap the tokens below them, giving them the image of being shined on. Great work! Sorry I didn't get smoking Torches, I will definitely get one those created ASAP! I agree that would be extremely useful, and I can't believe I didn't think to create a variant for this item for this set. Area lighting is something I want to do, but I have found that the style of lighting I use on my Pre-made maps (I use a layer style setting of overlay so that it creates reflections off of the layers below the glow) does not translate once the file is saved as well as I like. Specifically the illusion of an image being shined on, what happens is once the file is saved, all layers are converted into a "Normal" layer style, and sections with opacity under them lose the properties of the "Overlay" Layer style that causes the reflections. If you take a look at some of my endless dungeon sets that contain flames and the lighting under those items, you may be able to see what I am talking about. It's the sole reason I add lighting to some of my tiles. I definitely plan to attempt some type of solution for this, but I can almost guarantee it will not cause reflections and shimmers that will react to any item underneath. With glows, basically they translate into what look like to me a soft circle that just has base colors and make items underneath look like they are tinted instead of reflected. It's something I reeeeeally want to do however, but I'm afraid that it may not be feasible unless Roll20 puts a separate layer with a layer style that mimics Photoshop's "Overlay" settings. I did include a "Random Lamp" in this set for my own testing purposes to see how the light reacts on my maps in game, so in short, I am trying to find a solution that works to achieve this desired effect.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Mike W. said: I am getting some strange white outlines of each token when I have them on certain background images. These correspond with thetoken's&nbsp; actual image handles. Does not happen on backgrounds with an image background. This is on the map layer. I am not sure why that happens here, I think this should be brought up to the DEVs as it may be a bug. You could check out The Animations and AFoW Offical Feedback Thread to check and see if this is a known issue, and if not to bring attention to the DEVs so that they may get a ticket made to fix this. I double checked on my own page, and I could not reproduce this bug.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I've seen that bug reported in the feedback thread. I think the workaround was to try a different browser. I think they were specific to FF or Chrome. Munky, those are beautiful. The spheres would make excellent driftglobes.

Edited 1552509750
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Munky said: Hey Mike! Thanks for picking up my new set! I definitely have plans to make more lighting based items, and I have added each of these items to my ever growing list. I'm going to ask a couple of questions based on these suggestions: Square/Rectangular/Horseshoe shapes - Would you like these made with containers or as place-able flames over your containers (or both- both is a vaible answer), and also do you want the flames contained inside of sais space as to not extend outside of the "container" (like a Basin with flames a few feet down) - YES Both! Inside said space. Circular Pit - Do you mean like a dug out hole in a campgrounds? - - &nbsp; Yes exactly. Other idea. Log fire for a fireplace.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: I've seen that bug reported in the feedback thread. I think the workaround was to try a different browser. I think they were specific to FF or Chrome. It was with Chrome. I have not tried FF yet. I can live with it for now as it it is not very visible but at last it is a reported and known bug.