Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Your practice on how to handle mook conditions?

Edited 1552589979
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just wondering if anyone has any better way of approaching it than I have been for 2 years since moving to a system that has them...Maybe someone has an easier more creative way to handle this? How do you handle conditions for mook tokens that have sheets that allow you to set them? I'm sure it applies to any sheet that has this option, for me specifically, Pathfinder. As setting the condition on the sheet causes any mook token linked to it to also have it. So say 5 orcs, one gets knocked prone and I set it on the sheet. All orcs on the page are now affected by the negatives. I've been dealing with it manually. Remembering which mook had what and taking the negative off mentally during rolls for ToHit/save/etc.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The sheet actually has mechanical differences for the conditions? I just use status markers, and just remember what they do, but if you depend on the sheet adjusting values due to "prone" or what-have-you, then I'm not sure if there is a good solution outside of a very specialized API script.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yes, the pathfinder sheet auto-calcs using them, which is nice (for players, and single 1 to 1 NPC's anyway) since all rolls while they are on are adjusted automatically for bonuses and negatives  And I don't think there is a way, or at least I haven't found a better one than just keeping notes and statuses set to remind me. But figured I'd see if any of the creative people worked out an easier one than that :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Both(community and official) Pathfinder sheet's apply conditions to the other attributes. I do the same as you do with mooks DXW.  ;-(
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Vince said:  ;-( If you try to wink while frowning, you will dislocate your brain. True medical fact.