Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Artwork(maps and token)no longer availible!

Mark D.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I had to take a break from roll 20 for a few weeks and when I returned to my campaign most of the images (artwork) for the maps, tokens and Handouts have disappeared and now show a broken image symbol.  What happened?
Hello Mark D., Sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue. Can you verify if you have removed any images from you recent upload section? If you have any purchased content, does this issue appear with them?
Mark D.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I did not delete any of my uploads that I remember.  A little background is I run a campaign with another DM and We had switched to his campaign about 4 months ago so i have not had to log into my campaign stuff for over 4 months so i have no idea when it all went but it is all gone.  Everything i uploaded to my acc is gone.  None of the purchased items were affected.
Hello again Mark D., Can you provide us the name of the campaign this is happening in?
Mark D.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
The Windsong Chronicals.  It is a 1st edition D&D campaign.   Just so you know that my group is now looking at alternatives to Roll20.  As a whole we have experienced multiple in game crashes due to this being such a resource hog.  Since I lost all my data (which I am paying for may I remind you) I have been trying to upload my backup files (maps,documents,images) but the "My uploads" keeps freezing and not showing my "Uploads" (remember that's what I am paying for).  I know your answer is going to be "it must be your internet"  But I must assure you that this is not the case.  I am actually using 2 high end data servers, One is at my university, the other is at my home and I pay extra for the high bandwidth.  I do not expierence any of these issues on any other program, website, or up link.  If you folks are going to charge for a service it should work seamlessly.  There are other such table top online gaming sites available and we have been play-testing them.  None show the same issues that roll 20 is now experiencing.   As I type this I have been waiting for over 30 min for my uploads to show and do not have access to them.
Mark D.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
P.S.  Both campaigns are run on separate roll 20 accounts and each one is on a different server and is a different roll 20 game.
Hello again Mark D., Thank you for that information. We do apologies for any frustration you may have experienced. I have passed this information along to the devs. To rule out potential issues with uploading images and connection times,  please carefully work through the steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) The requested information, from Step 4, will help to identify potential issues so that we may provide the correct assistance needed. Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If I might hazard a guess? You said you ran a game with another DM? Did that other DM by any chance delete their account they were running when you shared the campaign? If so, any uploads they made to your game would have come from their image library, and thus be unavailable. That would explain broken image links. Not sure about handouts, though. Those should be resident in the game. Images in handouts might break for the reasons above.
Mark D.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
If you read the entire info you will see the other DM has his own acc that we play from.  He does not have access to my acc. 
Hello Mark D., The information provided by keithcurtis verifying if the other DM added any art assets from their account. If they did, and he is no longer in the game or has deleted their account, those assets would not be accessible in your game anymore.  Additionally, are you able to confirm that you have followed the troubleshooting guide? Please don't forget the console log.  Thanks!