Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tracking 'Game Discussion' Views?

I tend to write a lot in the games I GM, and put that up in various topics in the game discussion forum.  I know some of my players read it sometimes, and some never read it.  I go back and reference the posts, and/or edit them, so that tends to inflate the View count.   My question is, is there any way to see how many views a particular user, or even just users other than myself have viewed a post?  It would be handy to know which players have a handle on stuff, and which I am going to have to bring up to speed in session.   I would guess this functionality is not present, but perhaps someone can give me a tip or trick they know of.  
You could use a Message of the Day script (MOTD, I think it's called), and have a message post to chat when the player logs in, giving them the salient information they'd need to play the session.  Use it like a "Previously, on..." preview.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
MotD:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6192238/script-update-motd-message-of-the-day-sent-to-players-when-they-log-in-based-on-the-contents-of-a-note" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6192238/script-update-motd-message-of-the-day-sent-to-players-when-they-log-in-based-on-the-contents-of-a-note</a> As for your forum posts, there isn't really a way to do that.&nbsp; You could use the image tool to insert a tracking pixel ala google or some other system and see if you could get better information out of that, but I've not tried it so I don't know what sort of resolution you could expect.
Thanks for the replies.&nbsp; The MOTD is a good idea for small pertinent information,&nbsp; I might check into that.&nbsp; The forum posts are mostly recaps, and some other things like long-form information about locations, NPCs. etc.&nbsp; I send out recaps via email as well, and keep active handouts in the game.&nbsp; So players have access to the information, I was just exploring options for ways to check actual engagement.&nbsp; Thanks again.&nbsp;