Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

can't see the last thing typed

I have a new roll20 user in my game, and he can't see the last line of chat box.  So to see what the last person typed he types in a "." We don't think it's a screen resolution issue.  
I've seen this too in the chrome browser.  If he's on windows, have him use the "restore down" button to adjust his screen size (this is the button inbetween the 'close' and 'minimize' buttons on every window).  Just hit is twice to toggle the window size.  This seems to re-initialize the page rendering and fix how it gets drawn.   Dunno why.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Could you please supply a printscreen of what your browser looks like when this occurs? Thanks - Gauss
Here is an image of what we are dealing with. The chat bar is scrolled all the way down. I just hit a macro and the second roll is not visible. I have tried adjusting the window size and entering different viewing modes. I have tried using the "actual size" function under the view window. Keep in mind I am using a MAC. I am using Chrome. Is there a specific screen resolution I should be using? Let me know. We love this platform for gaming and this is merely and annoyance. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Can you give me a link instead of uploading the image? It is blurry and I am not sure what you are referencing.  - Gauss
Well, It is odd, I just closed out of it and reloaded and its seems to have fixed itself without my changing anything. If it happens again i will let you know. I will post a link.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thanks. :) - Gauss
We get this problem occasionally too... I resize the chat box, by making the map smaller, and moving the chat box to the left, thus making it wider. I will try that down arrow thing next time though...
Gauss
Forum Champion
Dang, Im afraid I may know what this bug is. If it is, it was supposed to be fixed awhile back. Bobby, can you get a screenshot? - Gauss
I will try to remember Gauss, alas hasn't happened in a while, and my game is on hold for a month... 
I just had this happen to a fellow player in our game. He was using Chrome; when he used Firefox, it worked fine. If it happens again, I'll try to get a screenshot.