Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

TEXT ONLY One-shot game! Saturday Night GMT [D&D5e]

Edited 1553326526
Hi All. I have a rare saturday evening free tomorrow and was hoping of running a one-shot, D&D 5e Adventure. Timezone:  United Kingdom, (Currently GMT) Communication : This is a big one....TEXT ONLY. It does of course include maps, tokens, etc. Time and Date: 23rd March (Today) at 7.30pm Beginner friendly?: Absolutely! - I look forward to introducing you to D&D :) Game Length: It will last around 4 hours. But we can take breaks as and when required. Play Style :  I'll be honest as I can here - So people know what they're getting into. As a DM, both online and offline I'm always doing my best to progress plot and story forwards. If people get distracted by discussing obscure rules, the latest football result or politics mid-game, I'll quickly push the theme of conversation back to the task at hand. Our games follow the main rules quite closely, and if I divert away from them, it's only ever for the benefit of the story and/or dramatics. Given the format of a one-shot, we'll do a few simple intro's and try and jump straight into the action. I try and have equal mix of roleplay and combat with puzzles thrown in when I can. Players will be asked to use 'standard array' for their characters, and I want players to focus on roleplay and interaction with other players and NPCs, and not Min/Maxing their character stats. Personally, I'm not a fan of multi-classing, but I won't stop someone if they really want to. Character Levels: Our characters will be level 2. This makes the game a lot more beginner friendly, than if we were to use higher level characters. But gives each player a few more hitpoints and the extra ability each! Character  Limitations:  I ask that you choose a character/race from the main D&D core books. Nothing unpublished or 'homebrew'. This is to keep the game 'neutral' and allow players with little experience still keep track of going on. Having a player who's PC is a bird, that can't speak and shoots small fireballs out his bum is going to confuse everyone else. As a DM, it's also helpful for me to know PCs abilities and limitations. Setting:  The Sword Coast. Cities and towns that I'm sure that many of you will have heard of from old games, stories and campaigns! Swords, taverns, undead mnonsters and dragons. So, if interested, please post below, or drop me a PM! Cheers!
The official listing for the game can be found here: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/154331/one-shot-adventures" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/154331/one-shot-adventures</a>