Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What are you looking for in a map/token set?

PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This is RPG Fantasy Graphics wondering from all of you what you are looking for that you can't seem to find on roll20 marketplace. I do a lot of 3d modeling and would like to put together something you all need rather then just coming up with random things. Let me know so maybe I can get it made for you and others. Thanks!

Edited 1553306033
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Post apocalyptic vehicles with various weapon mounted on them. I'm working on converting "Gaslands" over to roll20 and could use those types of cars along with buildings, various barriers or debris, along with large map sections to piece into a playmat space. Gaslands is a vehicular miniature battle game with a theme like mad max meets feature 2000 with rollerball corporate sponsorship tossed in.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So your looking for something more like these?&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/763/cataclysmic-vehicles" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/763/cataclysmic-vehicles</a> &nbsp;Just more variety?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Somewhat. There is a large community that mods hot wheels for the tabletop and I would love to have a selection of weapons, armor plating, ram types that I could add to the various vehicle tokens that can be found in the market place.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Add to the fact that more modern buildings in ruins would be nice along with road tiles.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Alright I will see what I can scrap together. I already did some general outlines for some ideas but not sure how to completely implement them yet.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm planning to ask if the publishing company (osprey games) will think about doing official gaslands games on Roll20. I'm sure there is a market for it.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
That could be useful. I am not 100% sure how it will turn out, but I think I will get a fairly decent set. I have plans to give nearly full customization to the DM or Players.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
So I still have to make custom cars and trucks for the set but I used an old car picture I made a while back and added some custom spikes and guns to start with. Just as an example. What do you think thus far?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Flip the two top guns horizontally. You have a light source disagreement otherwise. Beyond that, let the Death Race begin!

Edited 1553458651
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Well the light source won't be perfect because the rotation of the car can vary depending on which way you have it. But Yeah that could be done. On the car well there won't be a shadow on the cars that I make for the set other then maybe a body shadow but not on the ground just on the car itself. I have plans to make some trucks, cars, doom buggies, jeep Not sure what else is in Gaslands. But you will be able to customize them on your own or pick from the already customized ones. I have some side mufflers that I am going to make along with a big block engine for the hood. I think it will turn out kool. Literally going to call the set Road Rage
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Here just another design, still haven't made the Truck yet this is just throwing it on top of a truck already made. The truck will be more 3d when I am done with it. But this gives you another idea of how you can build your set in the near future.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Curiosity: What apps do you use primarily?
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Zbrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop. I make the stuff on zbrush, then paint it in substance painter then take a picture of it with shadowing and textures, then take it to photoshop to edit the image for Roll20 marketplace requirements.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Yeah this is going to be a kool set. Of course these will be available in .png file when I upload the set.&nbsp;
I would love a token set based on photographs of real painted miniatures.
For Tokens. I love round frame tokens.&nbsp; &nbsp;I'm looking to replace both SRD, MM with high quality round tokens.

Edited 1553674957
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Also looking for Post apocalyptic Debris, Rubble, Building Interiors and associate Roofs, Wreck\Rusted vehicles, Crash site of aircraft, sand, dirt, mud, grass. Debris fields, Roads from Highways to Single paved roads, - Well you get the idea. Top Down Tokens of all creatures and animals from from Fallout. Foot trails in dirt, mud, grass, and sand also same for animals and vehicle tracks. Nothing animated as it causes to much lag now.
Animated top-down view gifs of ALL the D&amp;D monsters and random characters.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am working on getting the gasland style cars together, I will see what I can do about some more post apocalyptic accessories. You should have access to some car frame and truck frame for the gasland set. This is what I got so far. Still have a car frame a jeep frame and a doom buggy to make. Then you can build your own vehicle with a simple program like paint or photoshop.
I would also enhanced token set of all the "Swarm" creatures. Swarmp of Wasps,Bats, etc
Lately I have been looking on the marketplace for more Overland Mountain terrain maps, I have a huge mountain range area in my campaign. An with only a few select maps to work with, the players see the same map used more then a half dozen times. They may not be used exactly the same way each time but it is still the same map over an over again, what I am looking for is more Mountain terrain in which to enhance that area. I could use more polar mountain white caps where frost giants an white dragons rule along with remorhazes an purple worms also other areas still mountainous in lower elevations where other dragon types an wyverns nest and hill or stone giants move about along with caves that match. Trails through these mountainous areas where players can have caravans traveling through and defend them against all the threats large an small.an get the lowly foot hills to semi mountainous terrains to the high peaks out there and make then seem like a place for grand place adventuring. Other then just traveling the forests an plains which there is plenty of maps up on the marketplace atm, I would want to open up the world where Oceans an underwater sea mounts exist. The right art can tell a story on it own since a picture is worth a thousand words, it can let the DM not have to run his voice raw explaining every little detail. I am willing to work with an artist to get my ideas forfilled because this is why we DM we want players to experience all that we have to offer an with the right art it can be achieved.
Mark S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I LOVE the idea of using hot wheels to make post apoc&nbsp;objects. That is brilliant. The only vehicle I have is my old dodge. After putting some filter layers over it, I was quite please with it. lol

Edited 1553882124
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
@mark S. Looking good there. @Mike W. The fallout creatures might be a problem because of copyright laws but I am sure a variety of creatures that look similar might be possible.
PrincessFairy
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Alright so I made some pre-built cars and gave you access to stuff to build your own battle cars. It should be out in about a week, I just submitted this set Yesterday. There like a 147 items in the set so I hope you can find some interest in it. Now on to figuring out how to make some post apocalyptic city stuff.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Great. I had recently finished creating my vehicle (character) sheet and has setup a reference handout for people to use when playing. I also have one death race map page created and will be building a few more.
I am looking for a map set of pieces that match the Dungeon of the Mad Mage maps, so I can edit the layout more easily. e.g make an extra entrance way into a room, a new stretch of corridor, or even build an entirely new room or small complex. Not sure if there would be some sort of copyright issue though? Otherwise I might just end up using snipping tool to cut out my own pieces of the existing maps, then paste the pics in and line them up with the main map as best I can.
For example, this is what I've done at the entrance to one "add on section" of the dungeon, using snip tool on the background and dropping it on to the map layer, but my players will notice the thick black lines I've drawn (with the line tool in Roll20) straight away, and they'll know something is up (even though they won't say anything).&nbsp; I'm wondering if there is some way to get a more pro look using a tile set? I realise the hatch marks will make it difficult, but even help with the lines would be good (maybe using black lines at the edge of an otherwise invisible png tile)&nbsp;&nbsp; And some blank patches of floor of various shapes / sizes As for what I'm going to do about what's beyond this corridor... I did contemplate chopping out a relatively self contained chunk of map from a completely different place, and pretend it's a new level entirely. I have a feeling that's going to be a bit of a nightmare resizing things though, so a tileset would help...?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Simon. You would be correct about the copywrite issue when working with anything related to published material. Only people officially licensed for that material could offer or sale anything related to it. Your best option is to continue to do the work yourself for your personal game.
Cheers my dude, I will do that :) Pat S. said: Simon. You would be correct about the copywrite issue when working with anything related to published material. Only people officially licensed for that material could offer or sale anything related to it. Your best option is to continue to do the work yourself for your personal game.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That being said, there are a number of "dungeon construction" sets in the Marketplace to help you do it yourself.

Edited 1554777258
Elemental Flame
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I am dying for more sitting characters that I can put in taverns at tables and bars to make them look more populated. There's a few tokens with the characters sitting from Devin Night but the legs are visible like they are sitting on a bench or the such. I end up going into Photoshop and cutting off the legs so it looks like they are beneath the table or bar. I wouldn't say my solution is beautiful though.