Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Game Settings not changing after initial Setup

I have encountered a Strange issue where the game default setting are not changing after being initially set. This happens even creating a new game versus old and in chrome and firefox. 
Hello mark (GM), We are sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with your game's settings. Can you verify that you have disabled all extensions/addons and cleared your cache? How long are you waiting for the page to make the changes before reloading them?
this is happening in multiple games. I did a test game that was created brand new with no scripts running.  To give futher details I think is  bug related to game default settings applying tint to a token after the tint has been set. Example: The above i sample copy of what the screen looks like when its brand new Then i change it to: and save it.   Then say I realized i goofed and do not want the black tint on every token created. So i try to change it transparent, however I go back and change the tint to transparent, and then save the changes. I think it saved yet i go back in the game and start working and the same problem exist black tint on new token i shut down refresh login, make the changes, always the same.  I even go back to the default setting page and save it then refresh it, and see its reverted back. I have done this in two different browser, i hardly ever use firefox so i know its not cache problem. Additionally i have used these features before so the change should be relatively instantaneous.  I also disabled all script in a current game and hand same results. I also searched the bugs forum did not see one posted like this so apologies if this has been posted before. 

Edited 1554082614
Also my understanding, if token is tied to a character sheet and the tint is set other than to what the default game setting is, when dragged and dropped from the journal its applying the game default tint, when in should not. If i were to drag a mook on to the table top then i would expect this to be set by the default settings. 
Just a bit of an update I found this forum post&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7352626/default-tint-color-dont-accept-transparent" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7352626/default-tint-color-dont-accept-transparent</a> &nbsp;which is the same issue i describe here. To add further detail this does happen in a new game but only after the token color is set to something else. Once its been changed it cannot be changed back to transparent. This also is true for the background color page setting. You can change that to any thing but in either case if you set them to transparent it default back to black.

Edited 1555000139
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There are several bug reports going back over a year for this. This thread probably best describes the bug. It seems that the colorp icker on the default page does not preserve the alpha channel value. I going to see if I can find out more.