Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Roll20 in person - all player view

1554565052

Edited 1554566109
Hi guys, very new to using Roll20 so just getting to grips with it. My setup is that I have a GM Plus account on my mac, connected to a TV that I was planning on showing the player view. All the players will have their own devices to control tokens etc. On that TV though I want to show the overall view and then when I click on a token, just display what that token can see (with dynamic light and fog of war etc). Is that possible? I'm aware I can use Ctrl + L to see the current token POV but that only seems to work on the GM view, unless I am doing something wrong? Any help appreciated! Jam
1554569589
Kavini
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I don't know that this is exactly possible, but there is an API script that uses a dummy account to only show sight from the character at the top of the turn order. Perhaps you could control this by moving tokens to the top slot?
1554592942
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Right on all counts. Not really possible to do without the API. 
The observer API script is the best way to do what you are asking
1554733603

Edited 1554733717
You can always do the observer script manually. Create a dummy account and add it to each character that you want to see from the perspective of.  Then you will run another session, logged into the dummy account - either another browser or chrome using an incognito window. You can either switch to that monitor to move things around, or shift ping to move the perspective. 
Dobra rada , Díky