Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[D&D 5e] Story/RPG-focused campaign looking for one more player, Saturdays 12:00 PM GMT (2-3 hour sessions)

Edited 1554688034
Fox
Pro
Our 5e campaign has been running for nearly a year now, and player had to leave due to life schedule changes, so we are looking for a new player to join our game. The campaign is set in Greyhawk, and is a broad-themed game that has elements of dungeon-crawling, investigation, politics, and war woven together with a strong story.  There is combat, but it is not a focus, and sessions can go by without rolling to hit.  This is a chance to develop a character and their place in the world.  The pacing and feel of the game is casual punctuated by moments of intensity and seriousness.  As a rule, the campaign avoids hardcore subjects such as racism, sex, sexual assault, and torture.  If they come up by necessity of the story, they are handled in a very non-explicit manner. Knowledge of Greyhawk is not required, and players who are new to D&D or 5th edition are welcome, as long as you are willing to put in some time to learn the game. What we're looking for: A mature and relatively laid-back player who has at least a base understanding of the rules who is certain that they will be available for a long-term game during this time slot (12:00 PM GMT, 7:00 AM CST).  Our sessions are generally short (approx. 2 hours) and missing occasional sessions is a given, but we need players who can commit to the long-term.  Minimum age is 18.   We play via Roll20 and Discord through voice (no video).  A solid and reliable internet connection and fluency with English is a must. If you meet all of the above requirements and are interested in learning more, please PM me with a message answering the questions below.   What country do you live in? How old are you? How long have you played role-playing games/D&D/D&D 5e? What kinds of characters do you like to play?  What makes them fun for you to play? What is your favorite aspect of games (combat, socializing, puzzles, mysteries, politics, dungeons, exploration, etc.)  and why ? How do you handle disagreements with another player? What do you do if another player is continually problematic/annoying/disagreeable? How do you handle disagreements with the DM? How do you handle situations where the game isn't going the way you like it (too slow or fast, too much or too little combat, etc.)? What are some compliments other players or DMs have made about you in the past? What are some criticisms other players or DMs have made about you in the past?  Did you agree or disagree and why?  Did you change your playstyle as a result? Can you add anything else that will get a good picture of you as a player? Do you have any questions about me or the game?

Edited 1554804093
Hi, I'm lucas and i am really interested in joining. Though I do not know anything about the greyhawk setting, I am pumped to play in a narrative and RP focused game. As for the questions: What country do you live in? The Netherlands (CEST, GMT+1) How old are you? 29 How long have you played role-playing games/D&D/D&D 5e? Played em for 9 years with DnD probably making up a few months What kinds of characters do you like to play?  What makes them fun for you to play? I have played many different kinds, though they all have in common that they are people first. When is the last time you killed someone? If you did, wouldn't you expect consequences? What would that do to you, mentally? What is your favorite aspect of games (combat, socializing, puzzles, mysteries, politics, dungeons, exploration, etc.) and why? My favorite part would be interaction with other PCs and NPCs and player agency. I remember how one of my favorite gaming moments was a 10 minute in character argument I had with my friends character. If II just wanted to kill stuff, I would play a video game. How do you handle disagreements with another player? Bring it up in the group and talk to the player. What do you do if another player is continually problematic/annoying/disagreeable? Bring in the GM and if still unsolved, leave. How do you handle disagreements with the DM? Ask for an explanation to see it from their perspective, suck it up or leave. How do you handle situations where the game isn't going the way you like it (too slow or fast, too much or too little combat, etc.)? Bring it up in the group, suck it up or leave. What are some compliments other players or DMs have made about you in the past? In the above 10 minute argument, the GM and other players thought it was very cinematic What are some criticisms other players or DMs have made about you in the past?  Did you agree or disagree and why?  Did you change your playstyle as a result? I have been accused of moving too slow and turning the game into a sit-com or character drama, I agree and thus only join RP heavy groups. Can you add anything else that will get a good picture of you as a player? Read my profile Do you have any questions about me or the game? As a DM, what do you feel your most important job is? Does this game have a central theme?
I'M mike and i would be interested in playing with your group. i am new to D20 but not to D&D although its been years since i have played. What country do you live in? U.S  - Florida  How old are you? 38 How long have you played role-playing games/D&D/D&D 5e? I played D&D for years but it has been a very long time since i ahve played What kinds of characters do you like to play?  What makes them fun for you to play? i enjoy diverse characters . paladins , rangers , assassins, barbarians , thieves i like something about all of them . the fun is in the interactions that type of character has on the game What is your favorite aspect of games (combat, socializing, puzzles, mysteries, politics, dungeons, exploration, etc.)  and why ? i enjoy dungeons and working around npcs and battles are always fun lol How do you handle disagreements with another player? i let the DM handle it unless told otherwise What do you do if another player is continually problematic/annoying/disagreeable?  again i let the DM handle it unless asked to do otherwise How do you handle disagreements with the DM? as a former DM i would probably just let it go and foloow the rules of the DM and the game How do you handle situations where the game isn't going the way you like it (too slow or fast, too much or too little combat, etc.)?  its a game you take it how it goes . thats the fun in the game What are some compliments other players or DMs have made about you in the past? its been too long to say lol . im easy going and generally not a drama type What are some criticisms other players or DMs have made about you in the past?  Did you agree or disagree and why?  Did you change your playstyle as a result? i used to be a stickler of the types of things that went on in certain worlds we played in . after DM'ing some myself i have learned to let the DM set up the game their way for the sake of making it better for all. Can you add anything else that will get a good picture of you as a player? easy going. willing to learn . just wanna play and have fun and learn all the stuff ive forgotten lol .i just wanna play not make problems