Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat buttons to cast Spells GURPS 4.0

I used to have chat buttons for D&D that would let me click in the chat on pink buttons that would reference spells on my sheet and then output to the chat.  Is there a way to do this for my GURPS character??

Edited 1555184428
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It depends on how they were set up. It sounds like you are using a Chat Menu . Those are usually created by companion scripts or manually done by users. Here are some wiki resources that may help. There is a script here , which appears to be for the GURPS sheet, but is very old. I have never used either. Note, these are both referring to the drop down choice for GURPS for sheet 1.5.6, which is still in development as of a few days ago. The other choice, GURPS Style #2, does not seem to have been touched in a couple of years.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also note, that anything you can click on the sheet that produces a chat message can be dragged down onto your macro bar to be made into a custom button. If you want the code that produced an effect (to make your own macros), click on the button, then click in the chat input area and press the up cursor key. This will reveal the last commands given to chat (each press of the up key reveals the previous command).You can copy this text into your own macros.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Looked more closely at the script. I don't know how much value it adds. It mostly looks like a roll interpreter. If you do use it or want to experiment, it needs a closing semicolon at the end or it will crash the sandbox.