Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ability Modifiers Not Updating

Im playing 3.5, and as im making my character, when i put in my ability score, the ability modifier for it stays at 0. Is it supposed to automatically input the modifier, or do i need to input it by myself?

Edited 1555321274
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You've potentially got a blank value elsewhere causing the autocalc to fail. Could you provide a screenshot of the affected ability section? The sheet should  provide the modifier for your automatically.
I know I'm not the OP, but I've been having this same problem for a few days now. Using 3.5e char sheet. Pic related. Refreshing the page doesn't help, btw. (Also, I did not do anything different to these past few char sheets than what I've done in the past, and in the past it's worked fine, so I'm unsure what the problem is.)
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Well, it should calculate the mod for you and the sheet hasn't changed since I fixed the roll buttons 3 months ago (according to GitHub).  I tried making a new character in my testbed game and it calculates the mod just fine for me in both firefox and chrome.  Were these possibly made when the server was being laggy so maybe the sheetworkers didn't fire somehow? What happens if you go to the Misc tab and click on the box next to Ability score recalc.  ?  If the check stays in the box, the sheetworker isn't working for some reason since it should recalc the scores and then clear the check from the box.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Also try looking in the attributes/abilities tab for duplicate attributes related to the... well... the attributes. If a base attribute copy has occurred (rare but possible in all sheets) then you can delete that to force normal behaviour. Is it happening in all new sheets?