Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[5e Shaped] Can't figure out the macro for a staff of healing

Hey guys, I've been trying for days to make a working macro but it's close to my first attempt at making a macro and the actual first time I try on the shaped sheet. I love this character sheet, so I don't want to change, but I just have no clue how to make a staff of healing with 3 different uses and consuming the same charges (My GM is a pro user and we are using the companion api). I've been trying to use this forum post <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4467673/slug%7D" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4467673/slug%7D</a> but I'm not getting it. Could someone make it for me or explain to me how to do it? (Just know that you'll probably have to explain like you'd explain a child).
Bump?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'd look at the Shaped Sheet documentation on creating and linking character abilities to begin with, specifically with the Battlemaster, which is a similar case of having multiple features deduct charges from a single feature.

Edited 1555430698
I did look into it, problem is, there are different charges consumed for different uses. Cure wounds is between 1 and 4 charges, lesser restoration is 2 charges and Mass cure wounds is 5 charges. I'm so confused. I'm currently looking into this forum post to try and figure it out : <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6584818/chatsetattr-5e-shaped-adjusting-trait-charges-current-and-maximum" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6584818/chatsetattr-5e-shaped-adjusting-trait-charges-current-and-maximum</a> EDIT: So far I've created 3 abilities corresponding to the 3 spells contained in the staff of healing: Cure wounds that I called Cure: @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|output_option} &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|character_name}}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|show_character_name} {{title=Cure Wounds}} {{spell=1}} {{spell_first_line=1}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|attacher_spell} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|attacher_spell_level_1} {{spell_level=^{1ST_LEVEL}}} {{school=^{EVOCATION}}}&nbsp; {{casting_time=^{1_ACTION}}} {{range=Touch}} {{components=^{COMPONENTS_V_S}}} {{materials=}} {{duration=^{INSTANTANEOUS}}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|hide_gm_info} {{@{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|shaped_d20}=1}} {{content=A creature you touch regains a number of hit points equal to 1d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.}} {{heal=[[4[int] + ?{How many charges?|1|2|3|4}d8[heal]]]}} {{higher_level=Using more charges: You can cast this spell using up to four charges, the healing increases by 1d8 for each charge.}} Lesser restoration that I called Lesser: @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|output_option} &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|character_name}}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|show_character_name} {{title=Lesser Restoration}} {{spell=1}} {{spell_first_line=1}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|attacher_spell} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|attacher_spell_level_2} {{spell_level=^{2ND_LEVEL}}} {{school=^{ABJURATION}}}&nbsp; {{casting_time=^{1_ACTION}}} {{range=Touch}} {{components=^{COMPONENTS_V_S}}} {{materials=}} {{duration=^{INSTANTANEOUS}}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|hide_gm_info} {{@{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|shaped_d20}=1}} {{content=You touch a creature and can end either one disease or one condition afflicting it. The condition can be blinded, deafened, paralyzed, or poisoned.}} And Mass Cure Wounds that I called Mass: @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|output_option} &amp;{template:5e-shaped} {{character_name=@{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|character_name}}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|show_character_name} {{title=Mass Cure Wounds}} {{spell=1}} {{spell_first_line=1}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|attacher_spell} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|attacher_spell_level_5} {{spell_level=^{5TH_LEVEL}}} {{school=^{EVOCATION}}}&nbsp; {{casting_time=^{1_ACTION}}} {{range=60 feet}} {{components=^{COMPONENTS_V_S}}} {{materials=}} {{duration=^{INSTANTANEOUS}}} @{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|hide_gm_info} {{@{Archibald Colombus Everleigh|shaped_d20}=1}} {{content=A wave of healing energy washes out from a point of your choice within range. Choose up to six creatures in a 30-foot-radius sphere centered on that point. Each target regains hit points equal to 3d8 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.}} {{heal=[[3d8[heal] + 4[int]]]}} And I've then regrouped them in a utility item Called Cane Of Healing: [Cure Wounds](~-LbygfYPH_OW_yEcWwEp|Cure), [Lesser Restoration](~-LbygfYPH_OW_yEcWwEp|Lesser), [Mass Cure wounds](~-LbygfYPH_OW_yEcWwEp|Mass) I just don't know how to make each consume different uses of the same Cane Of Healing. EDIT 2: I finally was able to link the uses for Lesser Restoration and Mass Cure Wounds with the uses of the Cane using ChatSetAttr : !modbattr --charid @{character_id} --repeating_utility_-LcYhvZp6dIysD46x0FD_uses#-2 --silent for Lesser Restoration !modbattr --charid @{character_id} --repeating_utility_-LcYhvZp6dIysD46x0FD_uses#-5 --silent For Mass Cure Wounds I don't however, since it's modular, if there is a way to link the number prompted in the amount of charges query for Cure Wounds to the number of charges consumed. I don't know either if it is possible to display the number of charges remaining for the Cane Of Healing on the spell .