Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Bug: Low Fantasy Gaming sheet has not been working correctly since februari update.

The Low Fantasy Gaming character sheet was updated last month and has not been working correctly. The following error occurs when using; Attribute, Skill or initiative rolls: SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found. Only Attack rolls seem to work correctly. Before the update this was all working correctly. Help would be much appreciated. Ps. i have tested the character sheet in a new campaign but the same issue occur.
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I believe there needs to be values in GS and TF for the rolls to function correctly. I'm not sure of the system, or what these values ought to be, but if they should be otherwise blank, you can write a 0 in there.

Edited 1552680611
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Nic B. said: I believe there needs to be values in GS and TF for the rolls to function correctly. This is very likely the case. If those fields require number for the rolls to function, someone could add default values to those fields so when new sheets doesn't have to be manually added every time. I tried it out quickly by filling the GS and TF slots with numbers and it rolls without a problem now. I have no idea what the GS and TF values mean, as I didn't find any mention of them on a quick search of the free game's pdf. And the readme doesn't mention what it's used for, but the sheet have made that those numbers shouldn't be less than 1. I played around with a different values for them, but have no idea what they are supposed to do, and reading the Roll template code didn't help either. EDIT: I tracked down the git history of the sheet, and found that they stand for Great Success and Terrible Failure, and was introduced when the sheet was updated to Deluxe Edition. So if nothing else, GS = 20 as default value, and TF = 1. EDIT2: I created a issue on GitHub addressing this, and in it tagged the GitHub user who added these features.
Nic B.  said: I believe there needs to be values in GS and TF for the rolls to function correctly. I'm not sure of the system, or what these values ought to be, but if they should be otherwise blank, you can write a 0 in there.  Andreas J.  said: This is very likely the case. If those fields require number for the rolls to function, someone could add default values to those fields so when new sheets doesn't have to be manually added every time.  I just tested in and adding values to the GS and TF columns does indeed fix the issue and gives us a great workaround so we can use the sheets. Thank you both for the help and putting time into this.  Andreas J.  said: EDIT:  I tracked down the git history of the sheet, and found that they stand for Great Success and Terrible Failure, and was introduced when the sheet was updated to Deluxe Edition. So if nothing else, GS = 20 as default value, and TF = 1. EDIT2:  I created a issue  on GitHub addressing this, and in it tagged the GitHub user who added these features. I saw that the sheets where updated but i had no idea what changes where made (Did not even notice the new columns). Also this info about great succes and terrible failure is new to me...  Thank you for creating the GitHub issue.

Edited 1552758183
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
All- Thanks for pointing out this issue, and I will address the lack of default values posthaste. GS and TF as acronyms probably aren't anywhere in the free or deluxe PDFs. I was mimicking the latest version of the paper sheet that I'm aware of. Great Success and Terrible Failures aren't a new mechanic; they are defined on page 42 of the free PDF under "Degrees of Success or Failure". I will point out that LFG Attribute and Skill Checks use a "roll under" system, and as such the default values recommended above are reversed! Rolling a 20 would be a terrible failure, while a 1 would typically be a great success! I hope this helps you with using them as intended, and that they enrich your gaming experience!
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The change to the sheet has been implemented, and should be active in your game today! Thanks to Andreas J for updating the sheet instructions with links, and the readme with the details regarding GS/TF and the rulebook page reference.
Thanks very much for all this!
Davemania said: The change to the sheet has been implemented, and should be active in your game today! Thanks to Andreas J for updating the sheet instructions with links, and the readme with the details regarding GS/TF and the rulebook page reference. Thanks for the hard work! We played again today and the issues previously reported are fixed.  We really like the new way that rolls are displayed. I have noticed some other issues but will create a Github issue for that.
Davemania
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sorry for the long delay, but I wanted to give you a heads up to another upcoming sheet update. Since the last update I got a better understanding of the luck "special" attribute and that should be reflected better on the sheet now. Luck (STAT) saves are now also doable via the sheet. In regards to the open requests on github, I've added a toggle so that you can go between classic and deluxe initiative rolling. The critical damage entry still requires that you calculate your own max damage and enter it in the field. If anyone out there knows where I can pull code that fully evaluates the max value of any roll expression compatible with roll20 I would consider integrating it into the sheet, but just thinking about it makes my head hurt. I hope the update gets pushed next week and that it proves nothing but better for everyone!

Edited 1558630690
Davemania said: Sorry for the long delay, but I wanted to give you a heads up to another upcoming sheet update. Since the last update I got a better understanding of the luck "special" attribute and that should be reflected better on the sheet now. Luck (STAT) saves are now also doable via the sheet. We saw that you made some changes but i did not see that luck had changed. I think it will realy come in handy so thanks for that! Davemania said: In regards to the open requests on github, I've added a toggle so that you can go between classic and deluxe initiative rolling. The critical damage entry still requires that you calculate your own max damage and enter it in the field. If anyone out there knows where I can pull code that fully evaluates the max value of any roll expression compatible with roll20 I would consider integrating it into the sheet, but just thinking about it makes my head hurt. I really like the way you changed initiative. It gives us the opion of choosing which system we want to use. As for the crit damage i think we will manage manually, i thank you anyways for putting time into it! Because the system gives players alot of freedom in what rules they want to use i can understand making a static change like that is not possible. Once more. Thanks for your hard work. it is really appreciated.