Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Some dynamic lighting barriers not movable?

Hello, sorry if this has been answered before I could not find it. I'm working on my first map and I used different color lines for the doors like I've seen in tutorials and I'm having trouble "grabbing" the doors. I can resize them no problem but the four way arrow that just lets you move them does not appear for some lines and only in odd locations for other lines. Please help. Thank you.
1555724527
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It can be a little tricky grabbing narrow lines. Try dragging a selection rectangle around them while holding down the alt key. (click-alt-drag). That will limit the selection to only drawing items. If the problem is not selecting, but moving, then once you have the item selected, you can move them with your cursor keys, one unit at a time, or one(?)  pixel at a time with the alt key. Also, while you have it selected, you can try making it thicker with the drawing color picker and see if that makes them easier to edit.
The other problem can be the habit of grabbing it from the very absolute middle of the line. If you will select slightly off-center as it were, I think you will find that gripping the line much easier.
1555732309
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
One thing people haven't mentioned is making a handle.  If your map allows room to make your line for a bend, that will give it a larger area to grab.  Some doors may not be in a position to easily do this though.
Dynamic lighting doesnt like bends as much as it likes angles.
1555760997
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Zoom in a little on the map and the move icon should appear when hovering over the line.