Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Can't load a particular room

So this is how last night's game was ruined: I was preparing the session, this group had a slight chance to visit a place another group already went to, so I went ahead and prepared everything but the items some weeks ago, yesterday I went ahead and created some of the items, I didnt recall what they were or the image or anything about the handouts so I opened the old one and started copying and pasting, when I was done I closed the old one and kept doing stuff on the new one. Fast forward to session time, the jukebox was acting up and not working if I had it as a pop-up window but it worked after I closed the pop-up window, or well, it worked for a single song but I didn't pay too much attention to it and kept going. The group got into a fight so I needed some music, I wish I didnt because this is where everything went to hell and past it. I refreshed the page to see if it fixed the issue, well as soon as the refreshing was done, I noticed some weird things said by me on the chat that I didn't say, or at least not on that game; well it turns out that I was on the other room, the one where the other party already went through that one place I needed the items from, weird, but guessed thats something that happens if you open two games at once, you just get into the last one you were in. Click Exit Game, went to the current one and waited it to load, and waited, and kept waiting, nothing happened. Sometimes reloading without cache works, it didnt, sometimes disabling extensions works, it didnt, sometimes trying to log from incognito mode works, it didint, sometimes logging from a completely different browser works, it didnt, sometimes logging from my phone's chrome works, it didnt, sometimes using a different internet works, it didnt. The only thing that worked was me logging from the Roll20's Android App, but that wasn't useful at all because I still needed to see those maps I spent so long setting up to go on with the combat, I thought that it was just that one room, since I tried to log into other rooms I have and I could with no issue, so I copied the whole game and gave it a try. Nope, no luck either. The solution I had to come up with in order to continue with the game after wasting 40 minutes trying to deal with this? Create a brand new room, forget about the custom map I had, forget about all the dynamic lighting settings I went through, have my players forget about the custom minis I painted for them, haphazardly draw a map that mildly resembled the one they were in to continue with the game, good thing they were on that page and they could send me a screenshot, it sucked that it was just the entrance to the cave map I was so eager to use and that they couldn't see. The session went on and I had to overextend to make up for the 40 minutes I lost, the encounters went from threatening and dangerous to empty and funny because I no longer had my tokens but those ones that are all cartoonish or just a plain image from the asset searching tab, everything on a lustrous plain white map. It was, without a doubt, the worst experience I've had in over 2k hours on roll20. I ran out of ideas that could fix the issue, this seems to be something server side since no matter what the internet connection or browser was, it didnt work, all my players could log in and out of the game with no issue whatsoever.
Hi Abraham N,  We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this. Please provide us with the following information: The console log mentioned in step 4 of our guide to Solving Technical Issues Number of players  Can anyone access the game at all? (You and your players) The name of the game Thanks!
Console Log 5 Players including myself Everyone can join but me Santabregat: a gritty uncharted land - Friday
Hello Abraham N., Thank you for this information. I have passed this information along to the devs. We hope to have additional information for you soon.
Hi Abraham, Looking into the game in question, it seems there was a large amount of injected data put into the game that is interfering with your ability to load the game. My recommendation at this time is to ensure that all extensions and addons are fully disabled, create a new game, and transmogrify content you need over to the new game. As it stands, due to the injected data we are unable to restore previous functionality.
I just rolled it back to the night it broke and its now working as intended, the transmogrify hasnt really worked for me ever, either that or it takes way too long to load and I end up giving up and closing it, so im glad the rollback worked
I’m glad the rollback worked for you! I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.