Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can I avoid @{target|bar1} AND @{target|bar1|max} prompting repeatedly?

Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
I'm trying to show players the bar1/bar1|max values (for all three bars) through a macro, instead of making the bars visible. (I don't like the clutter of three bars on the display, especially with text overlay.) This works for bar1, bar2, bar3: /w @{selected|player_name} *Target @{target|token_name}* Parry @{target|bar1}, Toughness @{target|bar2}, Wounds @{target|bar3} But this prompts the user three times to click on the target: /w @{selected|player_name} *Target @{target|token_name}* Parry @{target|bar1} AP(@{target|bar1|max}), Toughness @{target|bar2} (@{target|bar2|max}), Wounds @{target|bar3} (To Rebecca B.): Target Ugak P arry 5 AP(), Toughness 7 (), Wounds 0 Nevermind that AP doesn't make sense with Parry here. I was distracted.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Try using a label: @{target|pick a token|bar1} It will only prompt once for a given label. 
When using the @target feature there is an option to give a prompt with a name of the object you want to point to. The syntax is @{target|NAMEYOUWANTTOUSE|attribute}. Since you are pointing at the attribute of MAX for the different bars you are required to use the syntax of @{target|bar1|max} but I believe the system is reading the bar1 part as the name, you need to add another section for the prompt. Try: /w @{selected|player_name} *Target @{target|who?|token_name}* Parry @{target|who?|bar1} AP(@{target|who?|bar1|max}), Toughness @{target|who?|bar2} (@{target|who?|bar2|max}), Wounds @{target|who?|bar3}  You need to keep the prompt the same for entire selection or it will treat it as a new target. You can target more than one thing with these prompts and that is what it was trying to do.   Happy gaming Ed S.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
Thank you, that worked.