Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Do you have to name cards?

Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
It looks like cards can be uploaded in a batch (into the art library) but decks have to be created one card at a time (click add card, drag in art, save card, repeat). Is that right? But do I need to name the cards? Can they all be named "New Card"? And if someone were to have another child, is it okay to name it "New Child" again? Asking for a friend. :-)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
You can leave the cards named New Card.  As for the name of a child...you'll need to consult the mother on what is and isn't allowed...(wishing I'd been able to name my child Zaphod)...
In most countries, it is considered polite to name the next child either 'next child' or 'newer child'
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My grandfather was named Septimo ("Seventh") in Italian. From the village of Malocchio ("Evil Eye"). Seventh Son of Evil Eye. Beware me.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
This is exactly why I hang out here.
Mike deBoston
Compendium Curator
And... It turns out you have to name cards, at least for Savage Worlds. You can Deal Cards to Turn Order Items even if the cards don't have a name. But the Turn Order Tracker won't work unless the cards are named. You can name a pip card "2" or "Two", it doesn't matter. And you can put the suit before or after the card value: "2 of Hearts" or "Diamonds 3" both work. You can see that they are displayed differently, but they will be sorted correctly. Cards named "New Card" as displayed as .... "NC". You got it on your first guess. I wish the deck creation would accept the file name as the card name, since it's a lot easier to set the card names in the OS than in the web UI.