Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Unable to drag spells into D&D 5E by Roll20

Edited 1557415102
Hello, I don't normally post in this thread but I have not been able to find a solution to this problem. It seems that I am unable to drag spells from the compendium into character sheets. I have tried creating new character sheets but at the moment we have been inputting all the spells in by hand. This has been a bit of a drag for our Wizard however.  Has anyone else had this problem and have they found a solution? Thank you.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It sounds like you might be using the old 5e Community Sheet? If this is the case, it was created before Compendium drag and drop was introduced, and has never been updated. The 5e Official sheet, or the Shaped sheet support this feature.
Is that so? I've used this sheet in the past and not had any problems with dragging in spells and items before. I was searching around the forums and saw that Roll20 is having some PHB compendium problems, could that be the cause?
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7431386/access-to-compendium-not-possible" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7431386/access-to-compendium-not-possible</a> &nbsp; ^ Referring to this thread.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Wisna said: Is that so? I've used this sheet in the past and not had any problems with dragging in spells and items before. I was searching around the forums and saw that Roll20 is having some PHB compendium problems, could that be the cause? That is indeed the official Roll20 sheet. Drag and drop spells should be working. I just tested it in my utility campaign. Some possibilities: Are all players in the campaign having this issue? Are you trying to drag spells into a character sheet that is popped out into its own window? Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps to rule out browser and/or extension conflicts?

Edited 1557428776
keithcurtis said: Wisna said: Is that so? I've used this sheet in the past and not had any problems with dragging in spells and items before. I was searching around the forums and saw that Roll20 is having some PHB compendium problems, could that be the cause? That is indeed the official Roll20 sheet. Drag and drop spells should be working. I just tested it in my utility campaign. Some possibilities: Are all players in the campaign having this issue? Are you trying to drag spells into a character sheet that is popped out into its own window? Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps to rule out browser and/or extension conflicts? Clearing cache and hard refreshing with CTRL + F5? Yeah I've done it all. Seems like the problem has been fixed though. I don't know what made it fix itself or how the problem even started though. Edit: All players had issues. No we are not dragging spells into popped out windows. Yes I have done the troubleshooting steps.