Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

portraits displayed in the tracker instead of token images?

I use Roll20 in person so the tokens are just transparent PNGs that I push under their miniatures.  I'd like to have the PC's portraits displayed in the tracker.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You could place their initiative-using tokens off to the side of the board, and use copies with transparent tokens for their position markers. An aura or small spotlight on the position token might help highlight the minis.
Thanks, that is what I have been doing, but I wanted to use a script that puts a rotating icon under the token for the current turn.  I think I'd rather have that than the PCs picture in the tracker, if I had to choose.  It looks cool to have that icon show up under the minis. 

Edited 1557498017
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The Aaron and I worked on some rotating icons for TurnMarker. We shelved it while the feature was being developed and debugged. Not sure where it stands now. Edited script name
I'm using something called Turn Marker.  It works great and plays nice with groupinit.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I had the wrong script name. Trackerjackermakermarker gets jumbled in my memory. TurnMarker is the script.

Edited 1557506152
TurnMarker is the reason I want to display portraits instead of tokens in the tracker.  I love TurnMarker but now I can't use the off-map tokens for initiative because I want the minis to have the rotating icon on their turn, so in the tracker their picture is blank.   edit- Aha!  A teeny tiny token still shows up as regular sized in the tracker but is virtually invisible on the map! Kinda hard to click but I can manage.