Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

More vision options

Score + 16
It would be nice if there were a few different vision/lighting options that could be layered onto a token. Layering visions with different permissions (Who could see it) would be great for characters with darkvision holding a torch for the party Additionally it'd be nice to have visions that can override line of sight to represent supernatural or technological aids (such as tremor sense, blindsight, etc)
More Vision options would be nice, I think about that a lot. Here are some things I would like to see added: One Sided Lines on the Dynamic lighting layer, so that you can accurately represent highground. If you could then declare those lines to be non existant for certain players, so that say a flying creature could see and tell their party what they see, that would be amazing.
Oh yeah, a little more finesse for the base dynamic lighting system would be great. I know some people have talked about ideas like map elevations to represent different floors, heights, etc. But I think the one way dynamic lighting line is a good start and not only has a lot of immediate uses but can act as a stopgap for a lot of other utilities until those are either developed or not. 
+1
+1
So it looks like they will be adding layers in a coming update. But, I would like to stress that one way dynamic lighting lines could be useful for plenty of other applications and someone should make their own topic for it on the suggestion server because that would get my +1 
One sided line I think would be quite doable, but lines that behave differently for different players I think can get really messy, esp. when you have tons of lines in your map - such as maps with a lot of irregular surfaces.
aisforanagrams said: One sided line I think would be quite doable, but lines that behave differently for different players I think can get really messy, esp. when you have tons of lines in your map - such as maps with a lot of irregular surfaces. I think I agree. It would also just make every single line, behind the scenes, a bulkier data type for them to try and manage for performance. A simple "This side blocks, this side doesn't" is all most people will ever need