Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Make Token rotation always available?

Hi! So, kind of a minor issue here, but it's still very annoying for those of us who like to have our tokens facing the right direction (and in cases with dynamic lighting cones, vital). Fairly often the little "stick" that lets you rotate your token gets hidden behind the Token bubbles that show up when you select your token, such as in this image:   Now, sometimes this can be alleviated by zooming out, but that often also leads to you not being able to mark said rotation "stick" due to it being too small to target properly, so it's not really a solution. And sometimes it's covered up regardless of how much you zoom in or out... Any chance we could change it so that this "stick" isn't even a thing? Just make it like in, for example, Photoshop, when you hover over the corners of a token, the cursor changes to "rotation" mode.  Either that or make it so the "stick" changes size with the zoom, so that it's never covered up by the bubbles on the top or bottom of the token. Or maybe have it so that you can mark any section of the "rotation stick" to be able to rotate, not just the little square at the top. This issue comes up frequently in my games, and it's starting to get quite disruptive.
Spren
Sheet Author
Oh man I HATE when that happens. +1000 if I could.

Edited 1557673350
If you have a mouse wheel, you can select a token and press and hold E while using the mouse wheel to rotate the token as a workaround. Edit: Corrected misinformation
Rabulias said: If you have a mouse wheel, you can select a token, press Shift-E, and use the mouse wheel to rotate the token as a workaround. Unfortunately doesn't work, that just moves my screen around... Even if it did though, it'd be a pretty obscure solution, but thank you for providing it in any case. :)

Edited 1557673652
Sorry, I commented from memory without testing. I have corrected my post above with the accurate workaround. As for obscurity, it is listed in the wiki: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Keyboard_Shortcuts" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Keyboard_Shortcuts</a> but as my mistake above illustrates it may be hard to recall if you don't use it often or post a sticky note on your monitor. Your suggestion is worthwhile; just trying to offer a workaround in the meantime.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Another one is to click and hold on the token, drag it slightly and let it snap back, which causes the bubbles to disappear.&nbsp;
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Another workaround is to right click&gt;advanced&gt;is drawing then rotate then do it again to change it back to token. When it is changed to being a drawing, it does not have the bubbles and ignores the grid.
The workarounds are good to know. I appreciate all of those. But this does seem like the kind of thing that shouldn't be a problem in the first place and should be easy to fix. So I'm definitely still leaving this as a suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .