Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LazyExperience not working with Aura/Tint HealthColors

I use both HealthColors and LazyExperience but can not get them to work together. I'm not sure why the dead marker that displays when a creature dies through HealthColors does not trigger the XP add from LazyExperience... Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
This is not possible in the API. API scripts are deliberately prevented from reacting to changes caused by an API script to prevent infinite loops from forming that would lock your game. The only exception to this is chat messages. The way around this is to use an API generated chat message to trigger the follow up script (taking advantage of the aforementioned exception), or to code direct interaction between the two scripts so that one calls the other instead of relying on generated events to trigger the script. Both of these require the author of at least one of the scripts to buy in to the idea, or for you to edit them yourself.
Thank you for sharing your wisdom!
Pantoufle
Pro
Sheet Author
Translator
Hello you can make it work using another script : Deathtracker script from Robin. It doubles the effect on dead creatures to the red cross but this script works with lazyexperience. The only caveat I've found so far is when I use a macro with token-mod to set up token, first I set up hp bar to nothing  then apply dice formula. So it activates deathtracker for a brief moment therefore lazyexperience. But I suppose I could change the macro :) Cheers

Edited 1557944490
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I could put something in HealthColors to tell LazyExperience that I set dead status via the API. LazyExperience and Deathtracker are both made by Robin and talk to each other. If I do it on my side in HealthColors I just need to know what to call, and what arguments it needs inside it. Like: LazyExperience.giveXP(obj, prev) for example.
DXWarlock said: I could put something in HealthColors to tell LazyExperience that I set dead status via the API. LazyExperience and Deathtracker are both made by Robin and talk to each other. If I do it on my side in HealthColors I just need to know what to call, and what arguments it needs inside it. Like: LazyExperience.giveXP(obj, prev) for example. That would be great!