Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to make the Game creator the GM

So I am hosting a game and I made a copy of it and in the copy it demoted me from GM to player and I can't set myself back as the GM, how to I set myself back to GM because "hovering my mouse over my icon" does not work
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
...?  That sounds like a bug.  Must investigate...
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, I can't find a way to demote myself in a game, how were you able to do it?  Are you sure you aren't just loading the game as a player from a saved link?  What happens if you go to the games tab and just click the name of the game directly?
I am not sure what happened, awhile ago I got the lost mines module for the roll20 market a d I set up the game and added a few extra maps and handouts a d then copied the game and now it looks like it has me set to player status in both games, when I launch the game I can still control everything as if I am the GM. Seems like a big too me and roll20 has been a bit buggy, awhile back I left a game but it stayed on my games list for awhile even though I wasn't in said game
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
So, I think this might need to get escalated as a bug report and have a dev look at it.  If you want to PM me a link to the copy, I could take as much of a look as a community member can.