Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with ChatSetAttr Repeating Attributes

I'm still pretty new to all this and trying to figure out a couple things. I'd like to make a set of macros that can add and remove buffs/conditions to the character associated with the selected token. So far, adding something is pretty easy: !setattr --sel --repeating_buff_-CREATE_name|Cover --repeating_buff_-CREATE_mods|2 to armor --repeating_buff_-CREATE_toggle|1 However, since I'm "creating" a new row rather than simply modifying a specific attribute I know will always be present, I can't figure out how to then remove or toggle the attribute since I don't know how to magically find/remember its row number or ID. I'm probably overlooking something super simple. Hopefully what I'm trying to achieve makes sense! Thanks all :)

Edited 1558020632
Which game and character sheet are you using? I for example use the D&D 5e OLG sheet and don't recognise the term 'Buff' within the sheet - Is this a pathfinder or maybe 'shaped' sheet?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's what -CREATE does above. It is creating a new repeating field using ChatSetAttr.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
keithcurtis said: That's what -CREATE does above. It is creating a new repeating field using ChatSetAttr. So you're saying ChatSetAttr can even create a repeating ability for a fieldset(repeating section) that doesn't even exist in the sheet's code?  I thought it would only create a new repeating attribute for a repeaitng section that has been coded into the sheet.  Mind blown. ;-)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
It's pretty darn powerful.
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: So you're saying ChatSetAttr can even create a repeating ability for a fieldset(repeating section) that doesn't even exist in the sheet's code?  I thought it would only create a new repeating attribute for a repeaitng section that has been coded into the sheet.  Mind blown. ;-) I mean, it can, but it's pretty pointless. It will just create a bunch of garbage attributes that cannot be used for anything sensible. As to the original question, I think what you would need would be a  way to write the repeating ID created by the -create into a field on the sheet. Then you could write the ID into a field like "cover_id" and then remove it later using @{cover_id}. This is not currently possible, but I can think about adding it at some point.
Jakob said: As to the original question, I think what you would need would be a  way to write the repeating ID created by the -create into a field on the sheet. Then you could write the ID into a field like "cover_id" and then remove it later using @{cover_id}. This is not currently possible, but I can think about adding it at some point. Ya, that was something I kind of thought of as well but didn't see anything like a return variable or something.