Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Better zoom control.

Positioning and orienting a map on the screen shouldn't be this hard. I was recently checking out Astral and was really impressed with how easy it is to zoom in on parts of the map. You just hover over the point you want to zoom in on and use the scroll wheel. Can we get something like this on roll20? Having to adjust the overly sensitive zoom bar and then move 2 sliders is just too fiddly. Heck, I'd just be happy if that zoom bar wasn't so bad. Seriously, I don't think I've ever used anything more than the bottom 10% of it. I would be really happy if this could be sorted out.
I don't have any votes left right now, but yeah, the zooming facility is not good.&nbsp; Don't forget there is the keyboard modifier of holding the ALT key while using the scroll wheel on your mouse. That works fairly well, and then you use the right mouse to scroll around. But what I really don't like is how when a new map is brought into view for the players, and lets say they are positioned in the bottom right of the map, what they initially see is the top left which is usually in darkness... So they get a blank screen to start and sit there wondering what it going on.&nbsp; I know you can use the SHIFT plus long press (ping) on the map to center it on that point, but you have to quickly scroll/zoom YOUR map to that point, then do the shift-ping, and that doesn't always work and you have to ask if it did and then do it again and again. I would like to see a token or such that you can put down that has two features: 1, Saves the zoom level you are currently at as the default zoom for this map&nbsp; 2. Save the location of the view port into the map... Or the center point of the view or something. When I have a vote free, I'll +1 this one. Feel free to take a look at the suggestion I have put up for other enhancements: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7347663/token-selection-new-attack-options-button-show-attack-options" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7347663/token-selection-new-attack-options-button-show-attack-options</a>
Yeah, it's kind of weird something like what you described doesn't exist. I'd consider it part of basic functionality.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .