Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

add text

Hello  couple weeks ago the ability to add text to map stopped working unless I held mouse down while I typed with left. It's not putting a box automatically to start typing in. Ideas?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.. I just tried and couldn't duplicate this issue. What operating system and browser?  Do you have a track pad and does that work differently?  Try opening an incognito or private browser instance and see if you have the same issue.
This is a known issue in Chrome.&nbsp; See&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7445489/text-box-on-map-disappears-before-you-can-write-in-it" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/7445489/text-box-on-map-disappears-before-you-can-write-in-it</a> .&nbsp; But, more visibility to the issue is good I think.
all extensions off worked. Then I started turning one on at a time and reloaded page, several different combinations I've determined the culprit was "ad-block". I don't need it anyway being a pro user. IMtranslator has also been a serious pain so I disabled that. There may be others that do not interfere if the table but this is what did not interfere. attached is a screensheet of my extensions page so you can see. You may have to zoom in. &nbsp;
Hmm.&nbsp; That's weird.&nbsp; I've already tried with all extensions off and just tried again.&nbsp; It did not solve the problem of text box disappearing.&nbsp; And if you look at the previous post about this, there are others that can duplicate this problem with all extensions off and cache cleared. Are you using Chrome?&nbsp;&nbsp;
I think that is an reported issue with Chrome. Try Firefox and see if that solves the issue?
aisforanagrams said: Hmm.&nbsp; That's weird.&nbsp; I've already tried with all extensions off and just tried again.&nbsp; It did not solve the problem of text box disappearing.&nbsp; And if you look at the previous post about this, there are others that can duplicate this problem with all extensions off and cache cleared. Are you using Chrome?&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes Chrome. Maybe try FireFox. Has there been issue with IE?
Hello robocoastie, I have moved your report to the Bug Reports and Technical Issues forum.&nbsp; Additionally, as already stated, the devs are aware of this issue with Chrome. Unfortunately, there is not any timeframe that can be given as to when a fix will be implemented.&nbsp; As to your question about Internet Explorer, please be advised that Roll20 is only supported on Chrome and Firefox. We hope this information helps. As such, I am going to go ahead and close this thread. If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to start a new thread.&nbsp; Thanks.