Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

!longrest still not working

I know this is already a topic, but since there has been no response or progress, I thought maybe a second try was warranted. It seems that !longrest no longer resets hps and spell slots in the 5e OGL Companion API.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't really use the OGL sheet, but according to the companion script documentation, the !longrest command needs to be followed by the character name. With the token selected, try: !longrest @{selected|character_name} It works in the test game I've set up.

Edited 1558328130
Loren the GM
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Can also confirm that it works in all the games I run it in, using the same macro that Keith posted.
Works for me too...
No good. I had a macro for !longrest set up. It no longer outputs anything at all. I did as keithcurtis suggested, still nothing. Weird. Hitting the up arrow in chat gives nothing, like it isn't just unrecognized by the system, its totally ignored. I know that there are at least two others who are having this issue. If that were not the case, I would say its the usual error on my part.
Update: Got it working. Not sure what I did differently this time than the previous time, but thanks for the answer keithcurtis.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Glad it worked. The next thing I was about to suggest was clearing the chat archive, since that can cause Roll20 to stop recognizing commands. But it sounds like you have it sorted out.
I didn't clear the chat archive (good suggestion, though), but I did clear out the browser (history, cookies,etc). Whether that helped or not, I don't know. But thanks again. I'll mention your solution on the original post, too, in case those two are waiting for a notification.