Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does the Creature Codex come with art handouts?

I was considering purchasing either Creature Codex or Tome of Beasts. I noticed in the Tome of Beasts description, it says that it comes with handouts of the art, much like you get in the modules. However, Creature Codex does not say this in the description, which seems odd since they are both by Kobold Press and are very similar books. Can anyone clarify before I buy, thanks!

Edited 1558992352
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I spot-checked the Creature Codex compendium and everything appears to have portrait-style tokens, with detailed green rings: (Art blanked) I hope this helps!  If you have any other questions, just ask.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Both of them show the illustration artwork on the compendium page, where such is available. There are cases where variations do not have illustrations, such as the three-headed version of the clockwork dragon. (I only know about this one because I was commissioned to paint the variation for another company - a card version).