Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Linking Macro's within the MotD scrpit.

Edited 1559491862
Basically I want to set it up to where when my players log in and they see the MotD they can click on their character names, which would be linked to a preset macro, and their character specific notes for the session will be whispered to them in chat. I have it setup to pop up the calendar in chat when they click on that in the MotD so I know I can link a macro to the handout and have it work properly. For that I am just using !&#Day-Time as the 'link' for the word 'Calendar' in the MotD. That works great! When I try to do the same thing with the character note macros nothing shows up in chat. I already have the macros set up to whisper to the specific players when they are activated. If you just click the macro directly it works. But if I link it in the MotD the same way I linked the Calendar macro it doesn't work.. 
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Wow, for what you have done is very clever, I never thought of that.
UPDATE! I figured it out!! 
I use MotD in all of my games and never thought of using it like this. Thanks for sharing!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Fantastic!  Let me know if there are any enhancements to MotD that you think I should try and make.
UPDATE For those interested here is the final outcome with all of the links and macros working properly. I used `#Macro-Name in the URL Link field and it works magically.  For the 'Character Specific Notes' here is the macro setup.  Hope that helps someone else!  Thank you The Aaron for all your contributions!