Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Chat Archives have No Macro Output

The dice rolls, spell descriptions, etc., made by automated character sheets are missing in the chat log -- as viewed externally from the forum, or by clicking at the top in the game room.  The regular part of the chat log looks normal, though.  I see this (or rather don't see it!) in D&D 5E and Basic Fantasy, so it seems independent of the game system.
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you tried clearing and\or archiving your chat?

Edited 1559482525
They aren't my games (I'm a player in them), and the chat logs don't seem overly long.  This appears to be a overall display problem with Roll20. I tested more than one game, and more than one game system, to eliminate it being specific to one game.
A typical entry shows someone's "as is" name, but just blank space after it, where the dice roll should be, such as from clicking "Perception" on a sheet.  Plain text or manually rolled dice appear normally, though. On the still active part of the chat area, they all display normally.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
It is tied to the infrastructured update. There is a bug and the devs are working on it.
Hello Helen P., As Pat S. has stated, this is a known issue. Please follow the  May 21 Infrastructure Update Bug Thread  for updates. As such, I am going to close this post.  Thanks.