Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Archive not showing rolls

In the chat log while in the game I can see specific skill uses, attacks, etc..  However when I view the chat archive it records only the player name and a blank space where their action should be listed. This problem had been occurring for three weeks. Before last night's session I had the DM clear both the chat log and the chat archive. The issue remains. This is what the chat archive looks like....

Edited 1560206117
Nicholas
Roll20 Team
Hello Adam, Please carefully work through the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This issue has been reported many times in this thread . You can follow the progress there, though I don't know if an official acknowledgment has been made since it is not in the list of known issues in the top post. Certainly more data points could help.
So despite so many people reporting this and the same four step process being given which seems to fix nothing......they aren't making this something to work on?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
To be clear, the four step process is not merely to fix things (though it can certainly do that). It is diagnostic—it rules out many potential possible causes for an issue, and the fourth step in particular (the console log) gives diagnostic information the dev team can use to look for causes for errant behavior. It's also entirely possible this is being worked on, acknowledged or not. The more people who report it however, the higher the profile the issue becomes. I have also noticed this issue and reported it.
Did following the 4 steps fix the issue for you?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No, but I haven't pursued it diligently other than trying to redirect reports to one central location, because I don't use the feature. I verified that the issue exists and have done my best to help make it visible to the dev team. I'm no longer a moderator, so I cannot move posts.
Well thanks
Ok...I just spent an hour going through everything and formalizing a post only for when I posted it, it go pop up a new screen saying an error occured and that to give you this code: f8a5d3ea38384158a4564a0e7be829de
Hi Adam, Sorry for the confusion! We are making sure to add your report to the existing ticket and we are re-alerting the development team to push this up in priority. As you have stated, and showcased in the thread shared by Keith , this is happening to a lot of users. I did see your reply in the other thread as well so keep an eye over there for additional updates! Sorry for the trouble in all of this!
It looks like it's been going on for a month or more do we have any expected time of repair?
I have this issue as well; I use the chat log to count up XP's for my players. I have gone through steps 1 thru 3, used Google and firefox and got the same result. 
Still not fixed even after following ask the steps and submitting the full report a few days ago. Just looking for an update
A ticket was submitted to the dev team for a fix. Unfortunately I am unable to provide any ETA on when the fix will be implemented. That said, the XP Team has been poking pretty frequently about this to get it pushed up in priority so I hope to have more answers for you soon :) In the meantime, keep an eye on the announcement subforum for patch notes and hotfixes.