Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I would buy a "hooded statue" asset

So many adventures call for buildings to be guarded by statues of mysterious hooded figures.  Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm currently running adventures set in Ravenloft--but Ravenloft is pretty popular.  But there are very few statue assets available, and I haven't found any that are statues of mysterious hooded figures.  I'm putting this out as a suggestion for anyone who is looking for an idea of what to make. (The other type of statue I'd love to have is a variety of Egyptian-style figures, starting with classic the "seated pharaoh" and ideally including a variety of animal heads.  But the hooded statue would probably get more use.)
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I do have one hooded statue in my Game Props Dungeon 2 set, but nothing Egyptian yet. 🙂 <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/2625/game-props-dungeon-2" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/set/2625/game-props-dungeon-2</a>
Thanks!&nbsp; It's a start, and I could use it in a pinch.&nbsp; But what I really need is something like the left or right figures in this picture:
David Hemenway
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Juliet Y. said: Thanks!&nbsp; It's a start, and I could use it in a pinch.&nbsp; But what I really need is something like the left or right figures in this picture: Yeah, finding very specific things can be pretty difficult.&nbsp;

Edited 1560439160
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
When looking for individual assets, a site-specific google image search can sometimes lead to more useful results. Try this: site:marketplace.roll20.net hooded statue or something similar. Clicking the link will take you to the Marketplace page.It did turn up a hooded statue or two, but nothing top-down. You might get serviceable results by using any hooded token and using a tint to give it an acceptable stone color.
I use Hero Forge to make top-down statues of specific designs. They have a few hood and robe options for outfits. Just style and pose the figure how you want, then position it to a top-down angle and use the site's built-in screenshot function (upper right menu) to download a transparent copy of the figure.

Edited 1560829981
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Seph said: I use Hero Forge to make top-down statues of specific designs. They have a few hood and robe options for outfits. Just style and pose the figure how you want, then position it to a top-down angle and use the site's built-in screenshot function (upper right menu) to download a transparent copy of the figure. I thought about that at one time. It seemed incredibly old school, like using unpainted lead minis. It would work well for a statue.

Edited 1560981235
Tina Bell
Marketplace Creator
Great idea!&nbsp; If copyrights allow, we will include these in an upcoming token pack from Lighthouse Keeper Games.&nbsp; Until then, here is a freebie to get you started. A lightly colored statue A darker colored statue These are png images.&nbsp; Right click and "Save as... " Then, import them into your game.&nbsp; They should come in as large (2" x 2") tokens. Edit: As I was doing this, my husband was researching the copyright laws regarding these statues.&nbsp; Apparently the law in Ireland allows us to use two dimensional reproductions of a statue as long as we credit the original sculpture. So... these images were based on original artwork by Mick Davis, sculptor, on public display in Fermoy. Co.Cork, Ireland.
Those are great--thank you so much!&nbsp; And as I said above, I will happily buy this asset whenever it's available.&nbsp; I'd love a top-down version as well, if that's possible. Tina Bell said: Great idea!&nbsp; If copyrights allow, we will include these in an upcoming token pack from Lighthouse Keeper Games.&nbsp; Until then, here is a freebie to get you started.