Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with custom character sheet

I'm new at roll20 and I'm to create my own character sheet for Legacy: Life among the Ruins. I find it very hard to understand the coding.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If there is already a character sheet available for a similar game system, it might be easier to start with an existing sheet and edit that for your own needs.
There is an alreade existing sheet. But the problem is that it does not work properly when I try to copy the code to mod it.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What do you mean by "doesn't work properly"? You may need to copy three files, the html, the css, and the translation.json file.  The first two are mandatory, but the third one is only needed if the sheet was set up to support internationalization.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
looking at github, it only needs the html and css files. Make sure you copy those into the appropriate tabs in the custom sheet page. Also, when copying from github, click the Raw button first, and copy from there.
I'll try explain: In the character sheet, there is select attritibute with the name of every Family or Character Playbook. A bit furhter down there is a radio attribute used to show the corresponding info of the chosen family or character playbook. In the original Character Sheet, when you choose a playbook, the radio changes accordingly. But when I copy the file, the select attribute does not affect the radio. I can still change playbook by clicking on each radio attribute but the select is dead. I known it's a bit complicated....
So basically, I'm trying to make a functioning select tag that is connected to the radio attribute.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Have you edited the code?