Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Greater Compendium Control

Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
There are some scenarios I wish were possible with compendiums: Being able to turn 1 or more of the compendium products off  for a game. When I am making 5e adventures for the marketplace, I am not allowed to use anything outside of the SRD. I purchased the 5e PHB to share with my players, and I am always having to rename things in my games for the marketplace when dragging items from the compendium. Being able to turn off the PHB compendium for a game would make it much easier to not mess that up. Choose which compendiums to share. I would consider getting the 5e Monster Manual if I could turn it off and also ensure that it was not shared with the players in a game. Or some games might have options from Xanathar's but not another expansion book.  Turn off categories of content. Some books have both player options and monsters. I would want to share the player options but not the monsters with the players.
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I'm upvoting this because it's a feature I'd love to see as well, but want to share a couple of workarounds: When creating your module for the marketplace, you could create the campaign as yourself, turn off compendium sharing, and then add a second, free account that doesn't have any purchases to the game as a GM. Do your campaign setup using that account, then have it leave the game. The game is still owned by your account, but the content would be limited to whatever your free account could access. For sharing the compendium with players, I'd turn on sharing during character creation and when leveling up, and then turn it off once the campaign has started. Note that if your players have purchased the Monster Manual, they will always have access to it, even if you turn off compendium sharing. (I know you know this, Brian, but in case anyone hopping in to upvote it doesn't know.)
Kavini
Roll20 Production Team
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I upvoted this too, particularly as more and more third-party content is added to the compendium, there's definitely the requirement to be able to choose which expansions are available for which game.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .