Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

dndbeyond importer isn't working...

Hello, I am not sure what I am missing or what not. I have been trying to figure out what is going on with the importer script. I am hoping that people out there can help me out. We know how to import a character sheet from dndbeyond and never had any problem until we made a campaign on dndbeyond. We can still import a character sheet as long it isn't connected to the campaign. We want the character sheet from the campaign because we have access to several books. The error we are getting is.... SyntaxError: Unexpected token ( in JSON at position 0 SyntaxError: Unexpected token ( in JSON at position 0 at JSON.parse (&lt;anonymous&gt;) at on (apiscript.js:177:30) at eval (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:65:16) at Object.publish (eval at &lt;anonymous&gt; (/home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:151:1), &lt;anonymous&gt;:70:8) at /home/node/d20-api-server/api.js:1634:12 at /home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:560 at hc (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:39:147) at Kd (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:546) at Id.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:93:489) at Zd.Ld.Mb (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/firebase/lib/firebase-node.js:94:425) This link is the link to the importer that we are currently using.&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/blob/master/BeyondImporter_5eOGL/BeyondImporter.js" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/RobinKuiper/Roll20APIScripts/blob/master/BeyondImporter_5eOGL/BeyondImporter.js</a> Let me know if any of you can be of assistance. Thanks =)
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
In your character sheet is an un-escaped '('.&nbsp; Someone prob has a name like Joe (the big) Smith.&nbsp; Look for parenthesis in any of the names (weapons, etc) and remove them then try again
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ignore what I wrote. Looks like d&amp;dbeyond broke something with their latest JSON export.&nbsp; Look at this thread to see current status.&nbsp;&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6248700/script-beta-beyondimporter-import-dndbeyond-character-sheets/?pagenum=5" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6248700/script-beta-beyondimporter-import-dndbeyond-character-sheets/?pagenum=5</a>
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And looks like some changes to OGL side may be adding to the issue.&nbsp; I haven't read through the entire thread, but you'll get a good idea of what's working and what isn't.&nbsp;&nbsp;
I did look into that forum and I couldn't find my answer in there. It was strange because it was working with some Character Sheet that was in the Campaign. Now those sheets won't import. Now I am having to make a copy of the Character sheet where they are not connected to the Campaign so that way we can get them imported.&nbsp;
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Send me a PM if you want.&nbsp; I'll send you my email address and you can attached to an email the problem files and I'll take a look.&nbsp;&nbsp;
For what it's worth, I managed to import my characters from DnD Beyond yesterday, into the 5e OGL sheet. It seems to have been successful, aside from a few outlying issues (like AC calculation was incorrect -- didn't take shield into account, and didn't know about a custom bonus added).
Were you able to import it when your Character was in a campaign on Dndbeyond. We were not able to import any character that is tied to a campaign. If the character sheet wasn't connected to any campaign on Dndbeyond we can import them with no problem.&nbsp;
When looking at the Character Sheet Json File that is connected to the Campaign I am seeing some unnecessary stuff in there. Dndbeyond is adding a lot of stuff that is related to the campaign in there. Like other players names, campaign names, and DM notes.&nbsp;
Found the problem..... Apparently we cannot use DM note. We have notes in there explaining how to import character sheets.
We deleted the note and it is now working
Victor B.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I haven't tried the file yet.&nbsp; I consider continuing removing stuff from the beyond file until it does work.&nbsp; Its going to be a while before I can get around to this.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Victor B. said: I haven't tried the file yet.&nbsp; I consider continuing removing stuff from the beyond file until it does work.&nbsp; Its going to be a while before I can get around to this.&nbsp;&nbsp; We found the problem, It was stuff that was in the note. We removed it... And now it is working.&nbsp;