Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Issues with the 'Werewolf: The Apocalypse 20th Anniversary Edition (cWoD)' Character Sheet by John W.

First of all - I'm very thankful I found this character sheet. However, whenever you roll certain attributes in your dice pool (so far, I've just tested strength extensively, but a few others also mess up (Dex/Stamina)), it always records your strength as 1 - regardless of how many dots you have. Reloading Roll20 fixes the issue, but that will mean with every instance that a player edits their Attributes, we'll have to leave and re-enter Roll20 if we want to use the Dice Pool. I think it is because some attributes are stored as "Strength-base", whilst the Dice Pool Attribute variable looks for @{Strength}. I can edit it in the short term, but with each choice of an attribute+ability, they reset themselves. Does anyone have a fix, or know how to contact the creator like it asks? Many thanks in advance!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That does sound like the sheet workers responsible for setting stats are set to alter the wrong stat. It should be a fairly easy fix. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Or maybe not: the only werewolf sheet by JohnW I can see is for NWoD and doesnt have any sheet workers. Can you identify which sheet it is, from here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets</a>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Found it, its just listed as CWOD-w20. The sheet workers could do with a significant rewrite, but I'm not sure what they should do. It looks like there are several interlocking stats and their relationship isnt clear. I might have to leave it to someone who knows the system. Can you describe exactly what is happening that shouldnt be happening. In the most minute detail. And describe what should be happening.

Edited 1560214708
So, if I chance Strength from 1 to 3, and then add Strength to a Dice Pool Variable and hit roll, it will give the roll in parts. The Ability modifier and Wound [Edit, I said Rage, I meant Wound] modifiers (so far, they may need checking as I've not done every combination) work. However, Strength will only give 1d10 extra, not 3d10.

Edited 1560215102
Test rolls Attribute 1&nbsp; + Ability 3&nbsp; + Modifier 0&nbsp; + Wound 0 It works like this, where the ability did have 3 dots, but the Strength (attribute) had 2 also. However, the rolling macro only produced 1d10.
As you can see, this (the top Macro in the Dice Pool) should roll 2d10 (from Strength) + 3d10 (from Alertness) However if I click it I get what you saw above, unless I leave Roll20 and re-enter.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you have to leave roll20 and reenter? Have you tried closing the character sheet and reopening it?

Edited 1560228658
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I see where it's going wrong: it's set up to only update the final scores when you set a form on the Forms tab (which btw is incredibly ugly and hard to read - it's definitely not created with accessibility in mind). This is an error that will affect all the stats that are affected by Forms. Until the sheet is edited, here's a work around: Whenever you change one of these stats, go to the forms tab, and click a form button (you can change it, then change it back to the original). That'll update the attributes so they work properly with the buttons.

Edited 1560228706
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've submitted a fix for the issue (and overhauled the sheet workers while I was at it). There was a syntax error on the way sheet workers were triggered, which meant that changing your base stats wasnt triggering it (but changing the form on the forms tab does). I think I'm a day late for this week's update, so you might have to wait till next monday/tuesday for it to go live, but the workaround in the last post will work until then.
Thank you very, very much GiGs! I've not really DM'd in this system before - and I've never DM'd in Roll20 before so I was worried this'd be a permanent issue. And thank you for the work-around too.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You're welcome :)
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The update is live.&nbsp;