Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for players for Curse of Strahd

Hello, all. I'm looking to give running a campaign on Roll20 another dry. I admit I haven't had the best experiences so far on this platform, with a lot of immaturity, flakiness, and lack of commitment from most of the players. I fear the anonymity of the Internet brings out the worst in people as always... I am not very experienced with Roll20, though I have DMed a lot. I'm still deciding about whether DMing online is for me, I find it a bit hard to manage a group and a group's expectations when I can't see everyone. Therefore I will expect everyone to use video for this, since I believe being able to see who's talking is going to help me a lot. We will be using the built-in Roll20 video and audio for this. A bit about the game: Curse of Strahd is an odd module, with player characters taken from classic high fantasy but trapped in a gothic horror world. It is a pretty dark and unrelenting setting. There is not necessarily much combat unless the group goes out looking for it, but the combat that is there can be brutal.  In terms of rules: I play pretty close to RAW. You can use all official published WOTC material, but no races that are not from the Forgotten Realms sources - so no Eberror or Ravnica races. Additionally, because it is thematically appropriate for the campaign, one player can choose the Blood Hunter class created by Matt Mercer. (If you're not experienced with Roll20 you might want to avoid this, since the class isn't actually supported in Roll20 and you would need to enter  a lot of things manually). No duplicate classes, no multiclassing. Yes to feats. Roll for stats, 4d6 drop 1. I'm probably forgetting something important. We will have a session zero where we will create characters together, with a shared background. I will ask that everybody uses DND Beyond for this, and then you can copy your character into Roll 20. In terms of time, probably Sunday evenings (I'm in Europe), but I'm relatively flexible. I run games in person most evenings during the week though. If this sounds interesting to you, please contact me and tell me a little bit about yourself and what kind of games you like to play. 
Heyy, I am Floortje i am form The Netherlands and I would like to play, I have played DnD 5e for about a year/ year and a half. The campaign i played was homebrew so i do not know how to play a story for the books haha. But I like to learn new stuff. Sadly I ndo not have a webcam so I have to use my phone instead ( or figure something out ). I am intersted in any type of game, I love to explore new things. You could say that i am up for a surprise haha