Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Resize chat box - causes misalignment of text.

Resizing the chat box, (making it wider than standard) no longer keeps the formatting of the text boxes of rolls. This started over a week ago.
Hello Mark S., I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue with misaligned text. Can you verify that your browser's zoom level is set to 100%? A quick way to reset your browse's zoom level is to use Ctrl + 0. If the issue still persists after resetting the zoom level,  please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through all of Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Issue occurs for all 7+ players in any of my campaigns, both browsers, no extensions and with extensions. Additionally, the issue appears differently when the chat is in vs. popped out. These examples are from chrome (in vs out)
Hello Mark S., Thank you for that information. To be able to provide the proper assistance and to help with diagnosing the issue, anyone that is having this issue will need to start with the troubleshooting steps listed above. as such, please have your players also follow all of the troubleshooting steps above (including the Console Log). With that, please confirm that you have cleared your cache and that you have the browser zoom level set to 100%?  If the issue is still persisting after that, please provide us the requested information from  Step 4  of our  Solving Technical Issues  guide. Thanks!

Edited 1561166231
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Mark, This is a very rough workaround, but here is an interim solution until the CSS of the Roll20 OGL templates is fixed.
This has been happening to me too, things fit until you stretch the window out and the auto paragraph tears them apart. It's not really hurting the game per say, but I did want to chime in and say it's not unique to this one person.
Can confirm this is also happening to all 6 group members in my campaign and has been since the most recent big update, I think at the beginning of June?  We're in a variety of browsers and operating systems.
Hello Damien and Loren,  I am sorry you have also encountered this issue with the text. For diagnostic purposes and to collect information, please follow the below  steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Hi, folks. We put a release out on Tuesday that should have addressed this for the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet. For those of you who have been experiencing it, can you confirm it's still happening, and let us know which character sheet you're using for your game?
Stephanie B. said: Hi, folks. We put a release out on Tuesday that should have addressed this for the D&D 5e by Roll20 sheet. For those of you who have been experiencing it, can you confirm it's still happening, and let us know which character sheet you're using for your game? This issue is resolved, thank you.