Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Two weeks now, Sunday game is interupted by inability to post & read texts in game.

At almost exactly same time, one by one my players begin to NOT be able to see their own posts or read any others.  Reloading, emptying caches and even emptying chat logs do NOTHING. It is very frustrating, and I only have 4 hours per week (on Sunday) to run this game which is text-only. Please inform me WTF is going on and how are you people going to fix this issue?
We're very sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with this. Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues: Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser            - Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20            - Please disable all add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!

Edited 1561394620
That's REALLY not an answer; the bug is on YOUR end.  ALL my players were encountering this problem and not all at once (but in roughly same time-frame).  Unlike say Warframe;   which is a real-time action peer-to-peer game which has one player out of a possible 4 as host, Roll20 is housed on remote servers owned by...you guessed it, Roll20.  For YEARS I have had absolutely no issue with doing a text-only game, and yet, just a week or so after your "upgrades" like clockwork at around 8:45 to 9pm eastern time, we loose the ability to see each others texts for 10 to 20 minutes, even with restarts and clering caches and even rebooting the computers.  And yes, we have done the whole clear cache (and my anti-virus; Avast, has never interfered before), and I will be buggered by Shaitan himself before I disable my add-blockers (Avast; Add-block plus AND Ghostery...they stay on, no debate). Both Firefox AND Chrome, on both my main rig AND my chrome book will encounter this problem at the same time.  Again, NOT error on my end, or my players.   I will however, log the problem when it happens again ( and will give the information on how to do so to my players). I do not appreciate these non-answers techs seem to always give when the problem is THEIR company's... NOT user error, which... it ...is..NOT.
Hello Dylan L., We are sorry to hear that you have encountered issue while running your game. We also apologize if these steps seem counter productive. The steps previously given were not just troubleshooting steps for you to follow to resolve the issue. These steps are also used for diagnostic purposes that need to be followed. They provide a clean baseline for the issue and help collect the necessary data to be able to pass the issue along for the devs so they will be able to isolate and resolve the issue. As such, we can only apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.  Once you are able to log the problem and provide the other requested information from  Step 4 , we will be able to provide additional assistance. We thank you for your patience and understanding and look forward to helping resolve this issue you are experiencing.