Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Site is terribly slow on Sunday nights?

My group plays on Sunday nights, and the past few weeks the site has been almost unusably slow. It's not a network issue because we're in two different states on different ISPs. The first time I thought it was the Google Cloud outage, but it hasn't really gotten a lot better since then. Is there a known issue going on?
This is the first time where I've had serious issues with Roll20. Images and text appearing and disappearing, old and outdated load screens that were a surprise to see again. The API has been crashing all day, even though I've created a new game from scratch, ground up. I emptied the browser, the chat record, etc. This has become utterly unworkable. Nothing can get done tonight.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't have an answer, ;-( but in case you don't know, here's a site to check on roll20's server status&nbsp; <a href="http://status.roll20.net/" rel="nofollow">http://status.roll20.net/</a> &nbsp; Sometimes there are server/shard issues that can cause problems.
Thanks Vince. I'm an hour ahead, but it looks ok save for a time earlier where service was interrupted. Shard 27.But my issue was crazy. I've never experienced anything like it on Roll20 before. It wasn't really lag, per se, but there were slow times, certainly. It was just erratic responses from tokens etc. Now my game is currently unplayable. Every attack roll results in a little bump in chat, like when you try to use the wrong template. We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.
Thanks; we checked the status page multiple times last night and it never reported any issues. After about 7:30 or so it seemed to clear up some, so my guess is that it's just overloaded with folks who like to game on Sundays? It's really severe, though - we had multiple complete lockups and "page is not responding" type errors.&nbsp;
I'm sorry to hear that Sunday nights have been so slow! The devs are aware and working on solutions for speed during peak times, and I made sure to pass along your concerns in particular. Thank you for letting us know.