Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Purchased Assets not showing up in search

Keith
Pro
Marketplace Creator
This morning I purchased Russ Hapke's Old World Style Set 13: Pins.  The in game search does not locate any of the assets when I search by image name or use any of the tags. Please Help
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
While in your art library, are they shown if you select the "Premium Assets" tab instead of "My Library"?
Hi Keith,  this wiki on   How to Access Marketplace Content   provides steps on accessing any marketplace item; please let me know if this helps.
This is a known issue, which has come up many times. Using the in-app search function does not display items purchased from the marketplace. Marketplace creators are losing money because of this, and have asked repeatedly for it to be corrected. Users have difficulty using their purchased assets, and have asked repeatedly for it to be corrected. I'm sure it will be fixed soon.
Hello all, As the Devs said  over here : After doing some digging, this is what's the cause of this issue: Back in the early days of Roll20, Google's search engine API was free and readily available to be used. This was utilized for our web search for the Art Library. At the time, Google had claimed that this would be a freely available asset for a long time. As you can probably guess where this story is going, they decided later to lock their API behind a very significant price tag. Nowadays, when someone runs searches in the art library, it's using search results that we scraped back when we still had the API available. Those search results are tied to the keywords that were searched with at the time. This list of compiled searches are nearly four years old now, and limited to the keywords that were utilized by a fraction of the userbase that we have now. Ideally, we would find another search engine API to utilize, but so far we haven't found one that is financially feasible to license. When things change it will be announced, but for now we're stuck with what we have.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Dragon Dreamer, this isn't about searching for random stuff, this is about searching for items one owns .  :(
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, but that explanation is referencing the Art Library where all the stuff you own resides.  I remember running across that post at some point (or another reference to it).  It would really be nice if they could come up with a solution to bring the search utility back up to current content...

Edited 1562210763
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keith said: This morning I purchased Russ Hapke's Old World Style Set 13: Pins.  The in game search does not locate any of the assets when I search by image name or use any of the tags. Please Help I've gotten best results by using the set name as the search term. Most importantly, make sure that your drop-down filter is not set for tokens (unless you are looking for tokens). Set it for "everything". I've torn my hair out too many times before I remember that bit.