Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition [Rippers Resurrected]

Rippers fight the terrors of the night:  werewolves, vampires, and other horrors that stalk the earth preying on humanity. These foul monsters boast superhuman strength and supernatural powers. The Rippers must use everything at their disposal to resist them.  Some invest in the  latest technology —incredible devices of iron and steel powered either by steam or, more recently, by electricity. Others practice  ancient magic  or perform  holy miracles . A rare few bravely (or foolishly) wield  arcane biotechnology “ripped” from the very creatures they hunt. Whatever the methods, all are united in their dedication to protect mankind from the monsters that stalk the night. The Rippers’ struggle against evil rages on largely unknown to the wider world. Please note that I am only looking for the most dedicated of players that will not quit in the middle of a campaign, will try to make it to each session as much as possible and that are interested in deep roleplaying.  Music will be used to help create a spooky atmosphere as well.  Voice chat will also be utilized. Day of the week and time to be decided once we know what everyone's availability is like.
Seems sorta Van Heilsing-ish.   Havent played SWs in forever, I am interested in this.  Weekday evenings after 7pm EST works best for me currently.
WarAdmiral said: Seems sorta Van Heilsing-ish.   Havent played SWs in forever, I am interested in this.  Weekday evenings after 7pm EST works best for me currently. You are correct.  It is very inspired by Van Helsing!
The feeling will very much be Hammer Horror meets Van Helsing meets Penny Dreadful meets Castlevania meets Ravenloft  meets Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Interested. Hard to find SW games, even more so Ripper. European time.
Thanks for Linking this in the Savage Forums. I'm interested, if the time thing works out for everyone. (BC Canada) Curious if your running this on the new SWADE rules or not?
Ftahleson said: Thanks for Linking this in the Savage Forums. I'm interested, if the time thing works out for everyone. (BC Canada) Curious if your running this on the new SWADE rules or not? SWADE indeed.  There is a nice Rippers Resurrected conversion document on the Pinnacle site for converting now.
Tyler Childers aka skylion reporting in! 
I'd love to give this a try! I live in Europe, but I'm going to be in the United States for a couple of months starting next week, and a good Victorian-era RPG game would be a big priority for me.
This has gained some traction...NICE!  I am still interested as long as day/time work out.
I agree with WarAdmiral :-)
(Also, I don't mean that I would only do it in the summer. I'd like this to be a long-term thing if it works out, work schedule permitting. It would be easiest for me to play on the weekends, but I can be flexible. How often are we thinking of playing? Every week?)
I guess I agree with [Deleted] Now....  ? that how that works?
Hold tight.  I am going to set this up soon.  What is everyone's weekly availability?

Edited 1562122868
Myself Its Generally 5:30PM - 1 or 2AM Once or maybe Twice a week (doesn't matter which days) Or pretty open Saturdays and Sundays (Almost Never work) In British Columbia Canada (Pacific Time) I should add I have never actually Played Savage system before... recently found it and Got in on the KS for Adventure edition. Really interested in playing it. But might need a little help with the new Game system.
For me, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday would be best. Evening would be ideal, probably after 7 Pacific Time. That might change as I get my work schedule for the fall. There are some Saturdays and Sundays coming up in July and August that won't be good for me because of vacation plans with my family (July 19, August 3, 9-11, and 16-17), but afterwards my weekends will clear up.
This is where I am at currently: I am finishing my read-through of the new edition of the game and of the SWADE rules.  I need just a little bit more time to complete my reading and digest the new material.  Hold tight and be patient.  The darkness beckons and soon our battle against the supernatural forces of darkness shall begin!
Cool. Take your time. Maybe a few more players will chime in. :)
So I was thinking; If you would tell us where (In the world) you wanted to start the game. And or maybe a E-mail address we can reach you at. We could start thinking about Characters and Backgrounds... Just a thought. I have a couple of really good ideas for Rippers Characters. But having never played a game before, I've no idea how useful less combat oriented skills of an Alienist style character would be in a long term game. (For example)
I would be interested.  Waiting for my actual hard-copy of SWADE to come in but very familiar with system.  In CST zone and 6-9PM is a decent time, perhaps weekends.
I am available pretty much most nights after 5 pm EST, however I have very early Saturday and Sunday mornings. I'm usually up by 5 a.m..