Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character with clouded vision curse

Hello, One PC in our campaign has a clouded vision curse. Basically, he has darkvision 60'. Can't see anything past 60', at night or in daylight. Is there any way we can set his vision right on maps that have global illumination enabled ? Maybe with an api script or another trick ?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nothing I can think of, your easiest option (assuming the player is not a metagaming monstrosity), would be to have a 60' aura on the token and have them ignore everything outside of it?
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The only way I could think to do this would be to never do global illumination on your maps and set up the tokens to emit light without allowing others to see that light (unless someone has a torch, lantern, etc.).  If you go that way, you could set that npc to emit 60' of light and that token would never be able to see past that.  You could set the other tokens up with whatever distance will allow them to see the whole map.  It isn't perfect, because the token with darkvision would still be able to see distant light sources that are visible to everyone like campfires.  It would get you close to the effect you want though.

Edited 1562179428
EDIT: Sorry, missed the part about global illumination. The only way I can think to do it with global illumination would involve lots of maneuvering on the DL layer and creative use of the OneWayDL script. Even then, it probably wouldn't work as intended. Idk if it's possible, but maybe a script could be made to limit a token's vision... I don't recall the reference I found it, but here's the token settings I use for this: Just change the 3's to 6's. If you're using AFoW, you'll want to make sure you don't have it set to be revealed by light, is this will likely reveal the entirety of most maps. Light sources will still appear, but only the source square. Example: When the PC gains blindsense 30 ft at 10th level and blindsight 15 ft at 15th level, you can apply both auras to represent these.