Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Hands Up

Edited 1562943689
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you have players in your game who are shy, soft-spoken, or otherwise have trouble speaking over the other players? This script will extend the accessibility of your game by allowing players to raise their hand to get your attention when they want to speak. This script installs a macro named 'Raise Hand', which when pressed will cause the player's icon color to flash in order to get the GM's attention. The player can later lower their hand by simply pressing the same macro again. WARNING: This script displays animations of color in small portions of the screen,&nbsp;which may be harmful to some photosensitive people. By using this script, you&nbsp;agree to not hold its author liable for any epileptic events it may cause.&nbsp;Please use the dance mat in a well-lit area with plenty of space.&nbsp;Enjoy the script! Repository link: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/HandsUp" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/HandsUp</a> Also available through One-Click API library.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This is a great idea for a script.
This is fantastic, I always appreciate accessibility being taken into account.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
OMG, I need this!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nice work Stephen
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Stephen, I'm getting a 404 when I follow that link and cannot seem to find a script of that name in your fork. I had some ideas about how to dovetail this with Scott's Customizable Roll Listener.
Seph said: This is fantastic, I always appreciate accessibility being taken into account. Yes it is. I have a player with speaking difficulties after a stroke and this will help them wonderfully.&nbsp; keithcurtis said: Stephen, I'm getting a 404 when I follow that link and cannot seem to find a script of that name in your fork. I had some ideas about how to dovetail this with Scott's Customizable Roll Listener. I am having the same trouble as Keithcurtis

Edited 1562944115
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I removed the forked branch after it got merged in with the main repository. There's a new link now in the OP to the script's new home in the Roll20 API repository. The script is also available now from the One-Click API library.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sweet! Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I saved the macro as a universal token macro and gave it a bellhop icon. :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Did you attach a "ding" audio clip to it as well?&nbsp; lol keithcurtis said: I saved the macro as a universal token macro and gave it a bellhop icon. :)